Chat's Retaliation

Silence filled the air between the two.

Had he heard her right?

Bullied?

Threatened?

The look of shock on Marinette's face as she quickly covered her mouth and took a step back, shaking her head, told him he had.

Chat Noir frowned as his Princess began to wave her hands wildly and told him to forget what she had said.

"Princess." he whispered.

Marinette lowered her head and kept her eyes trained on the floor of her balcony.

"Why haven't you said anything?" Chat Noir questioned.

Marinette opened her mouth as if to say something, but quickly shut it.

Chat Noir could tell she was trying to come up with how to word herself.

"A friend of mine told me to take the high road, a couple years back, and not to tell anyone she was lying." she said, taking a seat.

'This is because of me?'

"It's not like it would matter anyways." she sighed, "Lila would just lie her way out of it and everyone will believe her, like they always do. They already believe that I bully Lila. Most of the people in my class, grew up with me. That sat back and watch Chloe bully me for year, but they've never stood up for me like they are doing for Lila. I guess, in a way, I'm grateful to Lila. Now I know that the friends I made, weren't really my friends."

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"When Chloe bullied me, no one talked to me or even tried to be my friend until that first day with Stoneheart." Mari admitted.

Adrien couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Alya stood up for me and we became friends. Even thought I got off to a sorta bad start with Adrien the next day, we became friends, too. To know that everyone just gave up on me....it just.... I don't know. It hurt, but now, I don't really feel anything." Marinette stated.

Adrien began to feel a pain in his chest. While he was all alone in his house, hoping to make friends, Marinette was surrounded by people who purposely went out of their way to ignore her. He was one of her first friends. That made him happy and sad.

Chat sighed and said, "I don't like it, but okay, Princess.I'll leave her alone. I'm just glad you haven't been akumatized."

Marinette quickly tried to think of something to say, but when she didn't rush forward with a smile, it seemed to suspicious.

"Have you almost been akumatized?" he asked, fearing her answer, "You have, haven't you?"

"The closest I came was when she tried to get me expelled about three years ago." she admitted.

Chat jumped off the balcony and grabbed her arms.

"Has there been other times?" he asked, staring into her eyes. He needed to know.

Marinette couldn't lie to him. She bit her bottom lip and nodded.

"When?" he demanded.

"The day she came back, was the day she threatened me. That was the first. I just thought positive thoughts and it went away, but she was akumatized, not long after, into Chameleon. The second time, I was almost expelled and it was worse. Scarlet Moth almost won and I don't know what happened, but he retreated." Marinette spoke.