D20-CoffeShop AU

Song in background: 1,2,3,4 by Plain White T's

Every Tuesday and Thursday, Damian made time to go have lunch with Marinette at the café near Wayne Enterprise.

Damian entered the café and the bell above the door chimed. He heard a faint 'Welcome!' from the direction of the register, but his eyes were fixated on their usual area. Marinette had already arrived and she was wearing a sky blue sundress.

'Beautiful.'

He had told her so many times, but he still couldn't find the words to tell her how he felt about her. They'd been dating a year and he knew she was still healing over her ex. He was afraid of telling her too soon.

"Hey, Dami. I ordered your usual. I hope that's okay?" Marinette asked, as he took a seat.

"Yes. Sorry, it's been a busy day." he replied, as a new song came on.

One, two

One, two, three, four

Give me more lovin' than I've ever had.

Make it all better when I'm feelin' sad.

Tell me that I'm special even when I know I'm not.

'Why does the universe mock me?' he wondered. He glanced up and saw Marinette humming the song, 'Was she ready?'

Make me feel good when I hurt so bad.

Barely gettin' mad,

I'm so glad I found you.

I love being around you.

You make it easy,

It's easy as one, two, one, two, three, four.

There's only one thing, two do, three words four you.

I love you.

(I love you)

There's only one way, two say, those three words

And that's what I'll do.

I love you.

(I love you)

Damian looked at her and began to softly sing along.

Give me more lovin' from the very start.

Piece me back together when I fall apart.

Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends.

Make me feel good when I hurt so bad.

Best that I've had.

I'm so glad that I found you.

I love being around you.

You make it easy,

It's easy as one, two, one, two, three, four.

There's only one thing, two do, three words four you.

I love you.

(I love you)

There's only one way, two say, those three words

And that's what I'll do.

I love you.

(I love you)

I love you

(I love you)

He grabbed her hand and she finally saw him singing along to the song pouring through the coffeeshop. Marinette flushed and opened her mouth to speak, but Damian stood up as their names were called.

'Did he mean it or was he just singing along? No. Dami wouldn't do that.'

When he returned, he saw a smile was spread across her face. Once he took the seat beside her once more and handed his Angel her drink.

Marinette leaned into his shoulder.

"I love you." she whispered, as the song finished. She felt him tense and relax.

'Was I wrong?'

She felt a light kiss placed on her head and him whisper, "I love you." with a blush spread across his cheeks. Damian quickly took a sip of his caramel latte, as he caught her looking at him.

Marinette smiled and grabbed her matcha frapp, before going back to humming the Plain White T's song.