Gaming

In Damian's mind, video games were merely a child's toy. There was nothing that could be gained from them. His mother had taught him that everything he did in life should serve a purpose, but videogames didn't fit into any category.

It only proved him right when they began to take turns picking Drake up from the Gotham Arcade. None of them knew the reason for this new addiction, but he was weening off the coffee which made Bruce happy.

Damian waited in his car after sending Drake a text that he had arrived to take him home. After five minutes, he saw that he had no response and that he had not even looked at the message. He rolled his eyes as he exited his car and braved the arcade.

Everywhere he looked, there were people running about. Some were screaming at the game. He wasn't sure if it was in rejoice or anger. He noticed a crowd in the back and figured that was most likely where his brother was.

'Show off.' he thought.

As he approached the crowd, he heard chanting.

"Mari. Mari. Mari. Mari."

Damian shoved people aside and found his way to the front. Many tried to push him back, but a quick glare fixed that.

As he reached the front, he heard Drake shout out "No; not again!" and was shocked at the scene in front of him. There stood a petite girl with midnight blue hair and the bluest eyes he had ever come across, with the game flashing 'WINNER' in the background.

"One more round!" shouted Tim.

"I'm afraid not." Damian stated.

Drake and the mysterious girl turned towards him, as the crowd started to 'Boo'.

"You didn't answer my text and made me come into the god-awful place. We are leaving now." he spoke.

"You're guard dog is right." stated the girl, "Plus, I'm a little bored of kicking your butt."

"I am not his pet." Damian glared at her, but she didn't seemed fazed at all.

"Fooled me." she shrugged and began to walk out of the crowd.

'Who does this girl think she is? Doesn't she know who he is? He's Damian Wayne! Damian Al-Ghul! I'll show her!'

"I challenge you!" he shouted, silencing the 'Boos' of the crowd. Tim stared at him in shock. To his knowledge, Damian had never played a videogame in his life.

"Oh?" she paused. With a smile, she turned around and faced him, "Name your game."

"DDR." Damian stated, crossing his arms.

"Fine by me." she said and started walking over to the DDR Extreme 2 machine. Damian followed suit and the crowd followed.

"Would you like to choose the song?" the blue eyed girl questioned.

"I don't want to step on your toes, Angel. Name your level." Damian smirked.

"Expert." she glared back at him.

"Perfect." the young Wayne stated, selecting the level and let the game choose the song.

Up popped 'Butterfly upswing remix AAA Expert'.

The pair stood on their designated platforms and began to move precisely in time with the music and arrows.

By the end of the song, it hand come down to a draw. They were evenly matched with a perfect score.

She surprised him, which in itself was a hard thing to. She had not only kept up with him, but synced up to his movements with no difficulty. She had his respect.

He turned to the mysterious girl and held out his hand. "Damian. Damian Wayne."

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng." she smiled, talking his hand and shaking it, "If you ever are up for another challenge, just tell Timmy over there and I'll swing on by."

Damian smirked, planning on making good on that promise. He walked towards the exit, the crowd parting for him, and headed back towards his car.

It wasn't until he and Drake were inside did Tim let Damian know his thoughts.

"WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU LEARN TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES?!"