Second Chance -4

Six months had passed since Mariquita took over for Ladybug and she had proved herself many times over. She was living up to her predecessor's reputation.

Adrien wasn't sure how long he had been staring at the email til Plagg waved Camembert under his nose.

"Plagg, gross!" he claimed, waving the air around him. "So, what does it say?" asked the tiny God of Destruction. "I'm invited to Marinette's wedding on April 23rd. She says she also sent an invite to the house, so to look out for it. Mari says she also invited Chloe, Kagami, Luka, and Max. We are allowed to bring a plus one. It also says that Layla isn't invited and even if we bring her, she's banned from all establishments. Security has her photo." Adrien scanned over the email. "Who are you taking?" asked Plagg. "I was thinking Nino. He seems to be on good terms with her now and she's known him for a long time." Adrien responded, thinking back to all their weekly gaming sessions, "Besides, I'm sneaking you in." "You think she'll have cheese?" Plagg asked, causing Adrien to laugh. "The invitation says buffet, so it's possible." he answered. "Yes!" cheered the cat kwami.

"Adrien." Natalie called out, knocking on his door, "Your father would like to have a word with you." "Coming, Natalie." he called back. Natalie led him to his father's office and waited to be summoned inside.

"Adrien, It seems you have been invited to Ms. Dupain-Cheng's wedding." spoke Gabriel. "Yes, Father." the Agreste heir, replied. "You'll be taking Ms. Rossi, as your plus one." Gabriel continued. "I'm sorry, Father, but I can't do that." cried out Adrien. Gabriel rose a brow as Adrien pulled out his phone. Adrien sighed and showed his father the email, stating that Layla was banned from the premises of all wedding venues.

Layla opened the door to Gabriel's office, smiled as she said, "Knock, knock." Adrien turned to look at his father, who had turned away from him. "Adrien! I'm so glad you invited me to Marinette's wedding! I really want to apologize to her." Layla spoke, with a smile, "I just wanted to thank you. I need to go shopping and get ready." "I'll take her, but when she's turned away at the door, I won't deal with her. She can cry at the hotel for all I care. I'm going to Gotham to watch my best friend get married." Adrien spoke, leaving his father's office.

"Well, that sucks." he said, walking back into his room. "What did he do now?" asked Plagg. "He invited Layla to be my plus one, without telling me!" shouted the model. "We can just empty her bags and stuff my cheese in there. Camembert is more important anyways." smiled Plagg, making Adrien laugh. "It's a tempting idea, but she's already going to be turned away at the door." Adrien replied. "Fine, but I still think my idea is better!" Plagg stated, before whizzing away to eat more cheese.

Sure enough, Layla was stopped at the church doors. "I'm sorry, Mr. Agreste, but your plus one is not allowed in the venue." spoke security. "That's perfectly alright with me. I can still go in, right?" he asked. "Yes." the security spoke, confused, but allowed him entrance. "Adrien!" Layla shouted. "What? I didn't want to bring you. I had no intentions of even asking you! I don't know what you did to get in my father's pocket, but you should probably whine to him about it. It is his fault your here anyways, right?" Adrien smiled, before walking into the venue, leaving Layla fuming.

"Alright, Agreste. What's the big idea, bringing Rossi here?" asked Tim. "Surely, you got the email that she wasn't invited?" commented Jason. "I didn't want to bring her!" Adrien yelled, after being pulled off to the side, "Father, had already invited her on my behalf, when he showed me the wedding invite. I had already seen the email and told him I wouldn't help her get in when she was turned away." The three brothers stared at him, looking for a hole in his story. "Are you staying in the same hotel?" asked Tim. "More like the same room." Adrien shuddered. "Don't worry." Dick spoke, placing a hand on his shoulder, "We'll take care of everything. Go take a seat."