Shout Out to my Ex! (song fic)

Adrien leaned back against the couch of his apartment, flipping through the TV for anything to keep his attention while Lila finished getting ready. He had everything planned out: he got his father to agree to another delightful dinner with her, he had Natalie clear his father's schedule for the night, and a ring that would sit perfectly on her finger by the end of the night. They had been together for five wonderful years and he couldn't wait any longer. If only she could finish getting ready for dinner quicker.

"That's right fans!" he heard the news caster shout, catching his attention, "Fashion designer turned Pop Star sensation "NETI" has released an album and her first ever music video is running number one for the third week! We believed this was just a solo debut, but she showed us. "NETI" or better yet "MDC" started her music career with her 'Uncle' Jagged Stone's record label!"

'Marinette?' he wondered in surprise.

"Her first song is hitting number one on all fronts and is giving a voice to everyone who has ever been in love or just plainly dated, the wrong person. Here you go, number one: 'Shout Out to my Ex'!" the news caster continued.

Adrien watched the television as Marinette appeared on the screen. She was laying on a bed, tussled sheets, and in a buttoned down red shirt that was too big for her.

This is a shout out to my ex

Heard he in love with some other chick

Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit

Forget that boy, I'm over it

Marinette tossed off the covers to the floor and got out of bed. He watched as the camera was suddenly angled down to her feet from the under side of the bed and the red shirt fell to the floor. He felt his heart jump into his throat as the camera tracked her to a nearby door and watched as the lights came on.

There she was, in the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her body. She was singing into her hairbrush, like she use to all those years ago.

Guess I should say thank you

For the hate yous and the tattoos

Adrien frowned at the words. He could picture him yelling at her. He couldn't even remember what the fight was about, but he remembered her tears. He remembered her tears when they got small tattoos as an act of rebellion. He had gotten a tiny ladybug that rested on his inner left wrist. She had gotten a black cat, sitting on a crescent moon, on her ankle. Her couldn't help but brush his fingers over the ladybug as he watched her close the door on the camera.

Oh baby, I'm cool by the way

Ain't sure I loved you anyway

'She doesn't mean that.' he thought, feeling a slight pain in his chest.

Go 'head, babe, I'mma live my life, my life, yeah

He gasped as Marinette walked out of the apartment in a small dress, heels, and a smile on her face.