Chapter 3:mixed signals

India

After everything was settled I just wanted to lay down and relax.I layed down next to Jayla pulling out my phone.I watched her from the corner of my eye as she watched my ever move.

"Are you gonna watch me the whole time " I asked.

"I...I wasn't watching you I was just thinking about what am I going to wear to the movies tonight"Jayla said playing with her fingers.

"Who are you going to the movies with?"I questioned trying to see if she was lying.

"Umm I don't know yet"Jayla said trying to think of her next lie.

"Well you could take me"I said with a hopeful smile.

"No,Negative,"Jayla said "It's bad enough I have to see you here"

Here she goes with this bitchy attitude I thought.

"Than fine ill go by myself"I said crossing my arms and pouting.

"But you don't even know where the movies is"Jayla said .

"Well at least I wont come back if I get lost"I said turning my back towards her.

"Fine ill take you"Jayla said a few seconds later.

"Yay.!! thank you thank you thank you"I said jumping on Jayla and giving her a hug.

We stayed like that for a while until I realized u was straddling her.

"Maybe I should get off of you"I said climbing off of her.

"Yea,just because I'm taking you to the movies doesn't mean that we are friends" she said with a smile.

_____________________________

"Hurry up"I heard Jayla yell from down stairs.

"I'm coming"I yelled back.

I had on a black skater skirt and a black and red long sleeved tight crop top and red jellys.

I finished curling my hair and did my make up.

I hurried down stairs and out to Jaylas car where she was waiting.

"About time"She said.

"Please don't start"I said putting my hands up.

"yea yea"Jayla said turning the radio up.

We listened to various songs all the way to the movies.But the worst part is that Jayla thought she could sing.Even though she looked hella cute trying.Not like that tho the girl don't even like me enough to be my friend.

"Come on"Jayla said getting out the car.I followed suit as she led me to the entrance.It was a crowd of people.It was like...like....4 black families having a cook out....Together!!.

Jayla took my hand and led me threw the crowd.And honestly I loved the feeling.

When we got to the counter she asked for two tickets to see the boy next door.She let go of my hand to pay for the tickets and my hand instantly got cold.

"the hallway on the right room 21"The lady said.

"Aye,ma with the red Ian never seen you round here before "this boy said walking up to us.

"wassup Jayla this where crystal at?"The other boy asked.

"Were done she cheated and I left her"Jayla said.

"So can I get your number or nah"the other boy asked again.

Before I could respond Jayla cut me off. "No you can't have her number"she said.

"why not?"He asked.

"Because she is my girlfriend"Jayla said holding my hand again.

"Nahh that's not true,you the cold heartless Jayla the one that just fuck and duck."The boy said.

"I'm not like that anymore "Jayla said holding my hand tighter.

"Than let me see you kiss her"The boy stated smiling and rubbing his hands together.Before I could have a say so Jayla grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss.Her lips so soft.She pulled away slowly leading me away from the boys.

"Girlfriend?Fuck and duck?" I questioned.

"Them boys are bad news I don't want you dealing with them and I don't fuck and duck anymore I'm just waiting to settle down,And you know you liked that kiss so don't act like you wish it never happened"She said with a smirk.

"Whatever "I said pushing her head.

"My hair "She said moving around her red curls.

_______________________________

We got home about 12:30 and I was so tired.I switched out of my clothes and put on some shorts and a sports bra and Jayla did the same.I got and the bed and dozed of slowly.

A few minutes my phone started to ring playing truffle butter.

"I like that song and all but I need my beauty sleep"Jayla said rolling over.

"well it didn't work for the other nights"I said laughing.

"so you wanna talk,okay just when I was starting to like you."

"Awww,How will I live" I said playfully.

I walked to get my phone off the dresser when I felt a pillow hit my head.I turned around and saw Jayla fake sleeping.I walked up slowly and jumped on her back causing her to scream.We tolled around in the bed play fighting.We fell on the floor and Jayla got on top of me.

"I need to see who texted me"I said as I squirmed around.Jayla reached for my phone trying not to let me get up.

"Hey babe,hope you didnt forget about me....shanti?? Who is that?"She asked.

"It was this girl I met at the mall,when I stormed away from you cause you we being a "

"Yea I know and I'm sorry for the way I acted "Jayla said cutting me off.

"Can I reply to my message now"I asked

"No I gotchu"Jayla said typing and then throwing me my phone.

"India is occupied and don't text her back because her number is broke"I said reading it out loud.

I looked over at Jayla as she got back in the bed laughing.

A/N umm wattpad wont let me upload the picture of Jayla but I will try next chapter.😘 😍