Chapter 5:School

India

I woke up early then usual,because of the one and only school.The only thing I was looking forward to is playing basketball 🏀 and Jayla was happy to because she was gonna be my cheer leader.And I know me and Jayla rushed into things,But what's the worst that could happen.

1hour later.

Me and Jayla was riding in her car to school.I was so nervous I just had to keep checking on my hair and my makeup.

"Baby you look fine"Jayla reassured me as I looked in the mirror again.We pulled up to this big fancy school.And the big letters spread across the grass spelled out Kolin Jr High.Or as people call it Fame high.

"Come on babe "Jayla said opening the door for me.I got out and closed the door.Every one was watching our every move.Jayla pinned me against the car and gave me kiss pulling my bottom lip as she pulled away.Every one cheered mainly the boys though.

"what was that for"I asked.

"I had to show everyone what's mine"She said pulling me closer to her by my waist.

"Jayla "!!!I heard someone yell.I then realized three girls running in our direction.

"Hey,umm this is my girlfriend India and India this is my friends Erica,Jasmine,and unique"Jayla said introducing us.We said our heys and made convo as we went to go get our schedule.

Me and Jayla and the girls have 1,4,5,and,6 period together

First bell rings and me and Jayla takes each other hand as she leads me threw the halls.People gives us looks and some says hi and ask who I am.And then this one ratchet bitch stops us.

"Umm who the hell is this bitch"This thot says obviously not aware of what these hands about.

"Bitch,Who the fuck you calling a bitch"I said stepping up to her.Unique pulled me back by my arms.

"This dumb ass hoe ain't worth it"Erica said.

"Yea,Baee we don't fuck with hoes that's universal"Jayla said taking my hand and pushing past her.

"Who is that" I asked as we continued

"My ex Tasha"Jayla said.

I sighed knowing this was gonna be the longest and craziest but the best school year in a while.

*Lunch time*

Lunch time soon came around and we picked a table.Jayla sat by me wrapping her arms around my waist.

"So baby basketball try outs next month,I think you need to get back on the court,You haven't played since you got here."Jayla said

"You ball,That's what's up,I'm the captain on varsity,I know you gone make it everybody already likes you ,and you already got a title on your first day"Erica announced.

"A title,Tf yall give people titles for"I questioned.

"only the popular people get titles baby it not a bad thing"Jayla informed me.

"So whats my title"I asked.

Jasmine laughed before answering "That blasian girl that be balling on ig"

"Oh yea I forgot about my ig"I exclaimed.

"You were famous or sum"Jayla asked.

"No not famous just well liked,that's where I posted all my ball videos "I said.I looked up and saw Tasha and her lil ugly ass friends looking our way.

"Babe look"I said motioning her to look.Tasha kept looking even though we were looking at her to.

Erica was about to get up but the bell had rung.

"Saved by the bell"Jasmine and Unique yelled laughing giving each other a high five.

*After school*

I waited for Jayla after school by the car with jass(jasmine).

"Where the hell is she " I said I've been waiting in this hot ass sun for a good five minutes.

"Come on lets go see where she at"Jass said.

We walked in the school turning hallways looking for her.Then finally we turned down a hall way I wish we never went.Jayla was all booed up with one of Tashas friends.Jass cleared her throat and Jayla tried to explain while the other girl was laughing.I just ran out.

I ran for about 4 minutes till I made it home.Damn I should be a track star.I switched my clothes into some gym shorts and a white shirt.I got my pink and blue basketball and ran out the back door so Jayla wouldn't see me.I hopped gates till I finally made it to the park.

The sky got grey I knew it was going to rain,but I stayed.I practiced on my jump shots and my fade aways as the rain started to pour down.I didn't care I just started to walk,walk some where.A car stopped inforont of me and the window rolled down.It was shanti.

"You need a ride beautiful"She asked

"I'm fine"I said realizing my voice is hoarse.

"Come on before you get snatched up"She said.I took her up on her offer and got in.She threw her jacket around me and turned on the heater in her car.

"So where are you going"She asked in a low voice.

I wanted to go somewhere else other than home but I knew Leon was worried.

"You can take me home"I said as I wrote the address down not wanting to talk much.

As she pulled up in my drive way she gave me a kiss on the cheek "By the way I see you at school"She said smiling.I smiled back as I got out the car.

I walked inside leaving my shoes by the door.When I walked inside I saw my mother and her so called boyfriend Leon and Jayla sitting in the living room.

"Where have you been"My mother asked.

"Oh so know you care"I said.

"What happened to your voice"Leon asked but I just ignored him.

"I was worried about you"Jayla said.I just laughed at how they pretend to care.

"Your mother asked you a question"That man said,I forgot his name that's how fucking irrelevant he is.

"I've been asked alot of questions my whole life ,mainly by the police I yelled storming up the stairs.

I started to strip out of my wet clothes when Jayla walked in.

"You was with that Ashanti girl"Jayla said but I ignored her.

"You still had on her varsity basket ball jacket when you walked in" Jayla said.

I went down stairs and threw my wet clothes in the dryer and I put my ball in my closet.

"so thats how we rocking now.?,You giving me the silent treatment?"Jayla questioned.

"Ight what ever you can take your bitch ass to the guess room and take all your shit were done"Jayla yelled.

"You can continue to be the bitch you were before at least she never hurt me as bad as the other Jayla"I said getting my clothes and walking out.