Six

POV KAIDEN

Chapter name: Nightmares

Why am I here again? Why am I here at this restaurant? This is where Tivelly works; that's implanted in my mind when I had to keep that creep from messing with her.

"No friends today?" Tivelly shows up in front of me with a notepad and pen in hand, ready to take my order. I ignore her remark and tell her what drink I want.

When she comes back moments later with my drink in hand, she almost looks flustered. I'm almost tempted to ask her why. Does it have anything to do with her trying to kill herself? We haven't spoken about it since that night. I still don't know the reason why she would attempt jumping off the bridge.

"You know if you would've actually jumped off that bridge that if somehow you survived, you would be paralyzed in some way." I find myself spouting words before I can stop myself. She looks at me, frowning in confusion as she sets the glass down on the table.

"W...why do you think about t-that." She glances around, making sure no one is near. "It just popped up in my head." I shrug, leaning back, looking at her outfit. Her clothes hang loosely on her body, making her look skinnier than she is. "Please just forget about it." She responds as if she is begging.

I glance over to what I presume is her boss, who is staring at us. "Fries. I want fries." I tell her.

I drop my backpack on the couch as I plop down, laying out.

"So you had a girl in your room last night?" My mother appears in front of me, speaking in a thick Italian accent, her hands on her hips.

"No, I didn't." I close my eyes.

"Non mentirmi, figlio mio! Reece è entrata nella tua stanza stamattina e ha visto una ragazza nel tuo letto!" (Don't lie to me, my son! Reece walked into your room this morning and saw a girl in your bed!) She screams at me, her voice retreating to her first language of Italian.

"Mom, it's fine." I open my eyes to look at her. If she were a cartoon, then the smoke would be pouring out of her ears right now.

"Is she your girlfriend? Just a donna oggetto or Donna di strada? Hai fatto sesso con lei?" (Sex object or streetwalker? Did you have sex with her?)

"È solo una compagna di classe che aveva bisogno di un posto per rimanere." (She's just a classmate that needed help)

Reece walks into the room, holding an open spiral in her hand as she writes something down, "You guys are very loud." She states.

"Yeah, mom. I'm trying to take a nap." I agree, pulling a throw blanket out from under me and placing it on top of me.

"What's her name?"

"Omg, are you guys talking about the girl?" Reece asks excitedly, sitting on the recliner.

She rocks while drawing something on her notepad, waiting for the talking to continue.

"Tivelly." I roll my eyes at them. "What an odd name." My mother states as she sits on the coffee table.

"È bellissima." Reece flutters her lashes, "Will she be your wife one day?"

"For God's sake, speak in English. I'm tired of going from English to Italian! I'm tired enough as it is!" I grunt, turning my body towards the couch and away from my mom and sister.

"Qué idiota." Reece sighs.

"Wow, you did such a good job, Kaid. If only you could've saved me like that." The sixteen-year-old version of Alessia stands in front of me.