Thirty-five

KAIDEN POV

Chapter name: where is the girl with blonde hair

"You really got chased by the police? Like, you're not fucking with me right now?" Case shakes his head in disappointment.

"Yeah, I had to drag Tive down the hall because I couldn't stop to tell her what was going on." I wipe my sweaty face off with a towel.

Jayce places the wad of cash I won in a backpack, slyly looking around to see if anyone is watching as he places it on his back and nonchalantly pulls a knife out.

"So where is she now?" Grey questions.

"At Leo's." I respond, suddenly getting annoyed that I left her at a drug house.

Of course we will be staying there for a few days so she will be there anyways, but right now I'm not with her. Anything can happen to her and I wouldn't be there.

"And if Monty or Avelina show up while you're gone?" Case takes the knife away from Jayce, rolling his eyes.

I glance around the crowd, not being able to find either of them. "They were here earlier, I doubt they left so soon." Grey quickly says as he realizes my facial expression harden.

"We should probably leave anyways, you guys can come with me tonight Grey. Since Leo is already housing Temp and I anyways." I stand up, putting my shirt back on.

"I'm coming too actually." Jayce lifts a finger up, inviting himself to stay. "I'll come too." Case says bluntly, ignoring my grunt.

Before we can exit the building Leo comes in, worry lacing his expression as he spots me. Immediately he comes up to me, glancing around as if he's looking for someone.

"Don't tell me you left Tivelly at your place alone." I thin my lips in irritation. Technically she wouldn't be alone, she would be with Jax and maybe Aiden if he is there by now but the only person I trust her with aside from me is Leo.

"With me? I came here thinking she was with you. Jax went to her room to get her for something and she wasn't there." He explains, keeping his voice low so no one outside of our group will hear that a girl is living with Leo in the drug house.

Fear immediately starts building up as I glance at the guys.

Did Able take her? Did Phoebe take her? Maybe the anxiety built up on her from today and she went back to that bridge?

"You weren't watching her?" I look down on Leo, my fists clenching.

"Back the fuck up man. She is her own person, it is not my job to watch her like she's a kid."

Leo puts his hands on my chest, shoving me back. Within seconds my fist is connecting with his face, making him stumble back.

He comes back at me, punching my back and I grab his arm, twisting it around and pulling it up.

"Kaiden Rivera and Leo Diaz. What the hell is going on here?" Boss pops his knuckles, two men in black stand on either side of him as he glares at us.

I immediately let go of Leo, tensing up as Boss stares at me. Jayce steps behind Case, inching out the door with the money, trying to get away before Boss decides to take it.

"What's going on here?" He questions, ignoring the fact that Jayce just left. Leo and I stay standing beside each other, not making a sound.

Boss extends his hand, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me forward. His fingers dig into my skin as he hovers over me.

"Speak when you're spoken to." He grunts, blowing cigarette smoke in my face. I turn my face, my eyes burning from the smoke.

"Just a misunderstanding." I grit my teeth. I want to pinch him in his big ass nose.