Seventeen

KAIDEN POV

Chapter name: what goes on

I wipe the blood from my nose from getting punched in a fight only moments ago. Sweat drops from my forehead to my chin as I watch the guy who just lost to me step out of the infirmary, eyeing me. Monty stands at his side, mumbling something, avoiding my glare.

"So tell me, what are you thinking?" Case refers to my interactions with the pretty blonde that likes raspberries. "There's probably not much to say. He's leaving us for a girl." Jayce wipes an invisible tear from his cheek.

"I think I'm dying. When I'm with her, my stomach tingles. I don't know what I have, but I don't think it's good." I complain, my hand going to my heart, making sure it isn't trying to beat out of my chest as it does.

"You're an idiot." Grey glares at me. "It's obviously LOVE," Jayce yells the love part, making other fighters turn to look at me. "It's not that," I promised myself I would never fall in love, not after what happened to Alessia.

My eyes go back to Monty, who is shuffling the defeated Bryson out of the building. "What the hell are they even doing?" I ask, suspicious of their antics. Monty always has a plan in mind, always ready to double back around.

What's even worse is that Avelina is here, swerving around people to find Monty. Her icy eyes find me, and a sadistic smile forms on her face. I roll my eyes as she comes towards me, her eyes not even glancing away from my figure.

"Kaid." She spits my name out like venom as she twirls her hair in her fingers. "Do you need something, or are you lost?" I grab my shirt from Case and pull it over my head, hiding my body from her twisted eyes.

She watches me for a moment in satisfaction, not saying a word. "You really need to get a hobby." Jayce whines, clearly annoyed at the girl. "You really need some better friends, Kaiden." Avelina's lip curls under mockingly.

She stinks of cigarettes and alcohol, forcing my mind to remember when we found Grey.

"He already left the gang you're in. You told me he found a way out." A strangers hand is gripping Avelina's wrist. She struggles to continue pointing her gun at me from the stranger's harsh grip.

The night is cold, snow falls heavily around us as Case and I kneel in front of a psycho bitch and a toy she brought along. "Let go of me, Grey. You're not a part of the gang, so you aren't in this." She glares at him.

"If you didn't want me to interfere, then why the hell did you bring me?" He yanks the gun out of her hand. Bruises litter his body, and his outgrown hair that barely covers his eyes isn't brushed.

He seems as if he's from where Avelina lives. A house with Monty and a few other people. Some from the gang and some not, but there's no way she would take him if he doesn't live with her.

He takes his finger off the trigger, slapping Avelina in the face with the gun. We watch as she falls to the ground, blood gushing out of her nose. Case and I watch her for a moment before realizing she's knocked out.

I jump to my feet quickly, scrambling to my gun she threw. I grab it, turning around and training it on Grey.

"Wait, this isn't what I want." Grey drops the gun immediately, putting his hands into the air, silently begging for mercy. "Where did those bruises come from? How do you know that bitch?" I question, Case patting him down, searching for weapons.

Grey looks at me with remorse, "I live with Avelina. The bruises are from home. I won't talk about it further." He states awkwardly as he glances down at Case. "No weapons." Case stands up.