Thirty-six

TIVELLY POV

Chapter name: Aiden

"So... you left without telling anyone to find your father?" Case places a chicken nugget in his mouth, his eyes show he's disappointed in me.

I nod, ignoring the stern looks of the guys.

How can I be around eight guys and none of them think what I did could be a good thing?

Even my own birth father agrees that it was stupid. Not just for the fact that he could've hurt me but for the fact that it was late at night and I'm a girl walking in an area I don't know.

"So... I remember you mentioned you have someone who adopted you?" Dan adjusts on the couch. I tense at his question, my back getting straighter as I feel my face getting warmer.

I look down at my legs which are criss crossed. There wasn't enough room on the couch and recliner for all of us so the unlucky ones are on the floor.

"I... what do you mean?" It's a stupid question to respond with. My question doesn't make sense to his but it's all I can come up with.

The room feels heavy since he asked, everyone knows what happened to me, I'm sure they do. There's no way it hasn't slipped out.

They probably know about the abuse but I'm praying that they don't know about what Able did to me.

"Why the silence? Did something happen?" He asks.

Suddenly my mind collects itself and I make up a lie. "My adopted sister just had a baby so they can't take care of me at the moment."

This lie will ruin me later but it can protect me at this moment.

I feel eyes on me, burning into my skin as I shut my eyes, wishing I could just disappear.

I feel Kaidens hand on my back, comforting me as he backs up my statement.

"So they are letting you live with a guy? If I was raising you I would've never let that happen."

"Well you aren't raising her. You don't know her." Kaiden replies protectively.

I glance at Dan, who focuses on Kaiden. "I never said I would take my daughter away from you."

"It sounded like you didn't like the idea." Kaiden continues.

"Anyways, why are Jayce and Case here?" Adam changed the subject, bringing attention to the two that showed up at a house that isn't there's at nine in the morning.

Case shrugs, taking a cigarette from Jax and lighting it. I glance at Kaiden who rolls his eyes at Case.

Why does he hate cigarettes so much?

Aiden leans forward in the recliner in front of me, looking down at me. Flashes of him bringing me to the two people that were once here go through my head. I back up and he rolls his eyes, standing up and holding his hand out for me to take.

By now I look at him in silence, trying to see what he's getting at. Kaiden questions what he's doing but Adam ignores him.

Do I want to trust Aidens intentions?

I feel Kaidens presence behind me and immediately feel relief. If something were to happen he would be the first to react.

"It's ok." I whisper to Kaiden as I take Aidens hand,
Letting him pull me to my feet. Kaiden stands with us, ready to go with us.

"I need to talk to Tivelly alone." Aiden states, letting go of my hand as he glares at Kaiden. Kaiden looks down at me, his eyes asking me if it's ok. I nod, giving him a smile to hopefully relieve him.