Eleven

POV TIVELLY

Chapter name: Hit me with a bag of bricks

I rehearsed my lie to Kaiden twice in my head before saying it out loud, but I wasn't confident I convinced him that everything is ok. I usually perfect my lies, my voice rarely shaky, but this time was different.

Panic hit me like a bag of bricks, taking my breath out of my lungs. I couldn't stop the violent shaking as my heart beats its fists on my ribs, my heartbeat beating loudly in my ears.

I can feel my depression coming up, worse than it is. I feel it coming hard and fast.

It feels like I'm on a plane, high in the sky, buckled in tightly, then all of a sudden, the plane engines fail.

I'm brought towards the deep ocean, known as depression.

I can't brace myself. I can't brace myself. I can't brace myself.

The plane is going too fast for me to prepare. When I hit the water, I'll drown; I can't swim because the seatbelt locks me in.

I feel my stomach twist, the only substance in my stomach being water threatening to come out. I place my hand on my stomach while weakly forcing myself to stand.

"What are you doing, Tivelly?" The teacher's voice spins around in my head as I make my way towards the door, my legs shaking, so weak I'm threatened with falling. I don't miss Pheobe's sadistic smirk as I leave the classroom.

My legs give out on me as I slam the stall closed behind me. I immediately empty my stomach in the toilet. My throat burns as I miss my chance to breathe, my body attempts to throw up more, but there's nothing left. I painfully dry heave over the toilet, violently shaking.

I lean back on the toilet stall wall, flushing the toilet. I go completely silent, stopping my rough breathing by holding my breath as someone else comes into the bathroom.

"Oh, Tivey, I know you're in here." Pheobe yells in a singsongy voice, "I just had to come to check on my dear sister." I can hear the stalls flying open and hitting the wall.

I look at her feet, coming closer to mine. I immediately look up at my unlocked stall, lurching up to lock it.

My hand barely touches the lock as she kicks it open. The door hits me in the chin, causing me to fall back, hitting the back of my head on the toilet.

My hand flies to the back of my head, checking if there's blood as she looks down at me.

I pull my hand away from my head, seeing blood on my fingers.

"Awe, poor baby had a fall." She snickers, stepping into the stall with me. My breath hitches as I try to squeeze back in between the toilet and the wall to get away from her.

She bends down, and I immediately put my foot up, placing it on her stomach to stop her from getting closer to me. She looks at me in disgust before she grabs my leg, vigorously pulling me out.

She grabs me by my hair and turns me around. I scramble to stand up to follow where she's taking me, but she's faster than I am. My hands fly up to my hair, trying to get it out of her grip as whimpers leave my lips.

She throws me onto the open floor in front of her, standing over me with a malevolent expression overtaking her face.

"S... s...stop, please." I plead with tears streaking my face, mascara staining my cheeks.

She squats down, her face mocking me with a fake pitiful look, "You're going to be in so much trouble when we get up that even I'm scared for you."