Twenty-nine

TIVELLY POV

Chapter name: Denied

After a silent ride with all the guys, we park outside Kate's house. The two-story house I could've grown up in if I was wanted.

"Why are we here?" Jayce questions as the sky turn dark orange. "Some family business," I mumble, swinging open the door and getting out of the car.

Before telling Kaiden to stay in the car, he is already up and walking around to my side. I look at the house, feeling like I'm letting myself slip with every second I stand here.

I grip the papers tightly, crumbing them in between my hands. I take a shaky step forward, silently praying that my birth mother will tell me who my biological father is.

Walking up to the door took twenty steps, my heart pounding the whole way as I tried to maintain my shaky breaths. Kaiden stands at the car, watching me as if I could be in danger when this door opens.

I bring my hand up, my vision going spotting from the lack of oxygen going to my brain from the hyperventilating I was doing moments before.

I hit my knuckles against the door three times before dropping my hand to the side, taking a small step back as my heart pounds so loud I can hear it in my ears.

Within seconds the door is unlocking and opening, revealing Kate. She always looks beautiful at school, but it seems that this beauty stays when she's at home too.

She smells like flowers.

She looks confused as she looks at me, her smile awkwardly staying on her face as she silently wonders why I'm at her door. She looks up and spots Kaiden; a genuine smile replaces her facade as she extends her arm, waving at him as if she's a kid.

Would you please tell me I don't have to fight my sister for this idiot?

She looks back at me, putting her arm back down, "I heard what happened to you. Are you ok? I can't believe Able would do that to you!" She gives me a smile of pity as she gently places her hand on my shoulder. I tense up from her action, and she immediately apologizes.

"Listen... I'm not here for your pity or whatever. I just... I need to tell you something. And ask your mom something." I take a shaky breath as I shove the papers into her hands—the documents of my adoption. The documents state that her mother is also my mother.

Her lips thin as she reads the papers I had given her. "Is this a joke, Tivelly?" Confusion floods her face, her eyebrows knitting together as she glances up at me.

"If it was a joke, then id be the one getting played too. Where is your mom?" I question sternly. I want to get out of here as fast as I can. I want to know who my real dad is and ask him if he knows he has a daughter. If he didn't think he had a daughter will he want me?

"She's in her office." She bites her lip, stepping aside to let me in. I awkwardly step past her, letting her gently close the door behind us. I try to avoid the scenery of the beautiful house to block out the thoughts of if I grew up here with these people.

I stare at the back of Kate's head as she takes me to our shared mother.

"Mom?" She gently knocks on a closed door, putting her ear against the wood to listen to anything from the other side. As if on cue, she backs up, the door swings open, revealing the woman that once had me in her womb. The woman that gave me away before even looking at the baby she created.

Her dark eyebrows knit together just like Kates did earlier. "I didn't think you'd actually have the guts to come back here. You would think that after sending a child to live with people other than you that they wouldn't want anything to do with you." She says calmly, her eyes shooting daggers at me as if coming to her was wrong.