Chapter 30

SAM'S P.O.V.

I clung tightly to Paul who was clinging to David as the world around us started rapidly spinning. I swallow down the bile that rises in my throat. I will not puke on Paul...I will not puke on Paul...I will NOT PUKE ON PAUL! I recite my puke mantra in my mind over and over again. Lavinia could have warned us about the side effects of disapparating before we actually did it. I need to talk to her about her communication skills soon!

I can't wait to get home! I have no clue what day it is in 2020! Is it the same day we went to see 'The Lost Boys' in the theater? I'm worried about my animals being taken care of! If we've been gone for days, then I hope my mom thought to go feed them. My cat, Junior gets cranky if he isn't fed on time. My horses can get irritated very easily, not to mention my other animals. I haven't told Paul about them yet, but I'm sure he'll love them all...eventually.

I tighten my arms around Paul's waist as he tucks me into his side. We land on the ground with a hard thud. I'm momentarily disoriented as I hold my head, praying I won't be sick. That whole experience sucked absolute donkey balls! Never again!

"What the hell is that sound? Sounds like one hell of a party!" Paul comments with his eyes screwed shut. I listen closely and realize he's right. I hear what sounds like women screaming in excitement with some sort of music mixed in with it. What the hell?

I slowly get to my feet, offering my hand to Paul as he struggles to stand straight. David is nowhere to be found. Now that I think about it, Paul is the only person from our group that I see at the moment.

Oh please dear God in Heaven! Don't tell me we lost the others or that they didn't make it! I won't be able to handle it!

"We're at some sort of concert full of women losing their minds over a man with the worst mullet I've ever seen. Maybe you can tell us who he is, Sam." I jump as David saunters up to us. He's holding a t shirt that he throws at me. I hold it up in front of me and let out a high pitched squeal.

"EEEEEKKKK! IT'S BILLY RAY CYRUS!" I'm jumping up on my toes as David and Paul watch me in wonder. We've landed at Billy Ray Cyrus concert! I can hardly believe it! He was my absolute favorite singer growing up. I know every word to every song he's ever sung, and I feel no shame in admitting that!

I turn the shirt over to read the dates on the back of it. "1995...1995...wait what?! We can't be in freaking 1995! What the hell? David, did you see any of the others anywhere?!" I ask him in a frantic tone. Why is he not more worried about them?!

I can feel my head starting to pound with stress as my anger level rises. My heart starts racing as I narrow my eyes at David. His eyes sparkle like he knows something I don't. Well, we'll just see about that! Even though my emotions are all over the place, I try to take a deep breath to settle my nerves before speaking again. It doesn't work.

With pure, unadulterated anger rising to the surface, I ball up my right fist and swing as hard as I can at his face. I can feel my knuckles crack as they make contact with his mouth. Blood pours from his lips as his face contorts into sharp angles, his eyes glowing golden in the moonlight. Paul tries to separate us as David grabs me by my collar, lifting me off the ground and bringing me within inches of his bleeding face.

"You need to settle down, Samantha Jane. We'll figure this out, but not if you can't control your temper." David's voice comes out as a whisper, but the message is clear. If I do that again, I'll regret it. I feel a rush of calmness settle over me as I look deep into David's vampiric eyes. I nod my head at him, and he lowers me back to the ground. I sway into Paul's arms, slightly dizzy from the adrenaline spike. We need to find out what time it is to see how many hours we have left until daylight. I straighten up, grab Paul's hand and start dragging him towards the sound of Billy Ray's soulful voice. I'll find the others and get us home if it's the last thing I do!