Chapter 25

Long chapter ahead!
Sorry! Enjoy :)

SAM'S P.O.V.

         I slowed down about a mile from the Emerson's residence, finally killing the engine and pushing the bike into the woods off the side of the road.

        "I wonder if our divine inner beings will help us out tonight? Hey, maybe we have some sort of powers that we don't know about! Like Harry Potter did! That would be amazing!" Courtney whispers with excitement.

       "Well, Lavinia said all we had to do was picture her face and she would appear. Maybe it's the same thing?" I suggested to her. I can't believe I'm even entertaining the thought that we might have some sort of hidden magical powers. That's ridiculous!

        "Let me try!" Courtney says as she closes her eyes with a look of deep concentration.

        My eyes all but pop out of my head as I hear a lion roar off in the distance. No freaking way!

        "Did you just...but how?" I can't seem to form a full sentence. There are no wild lions in California!

        "I just closed my eyes and imagined a lion's roar! That was so cool! Now you try!" Her eyes couldn't shine any brighter as she jumps up and down with glee.

         I close my eyes and imagine elephant sounds coming from right beside us. I jump as I hear it come to life. Oh my...

         "I can't wait to use this ability tonight, and I am so using it in all of my future pranks!" I tell her as I hand her 2 ponytails to fix her hair with.

         "Put your hair up like you used to when we were kids. I'll do the same, and then we'll go." I braid my hair into pigtails, and she pulls half of her hair up and separates it to look like pigtails at the top. Good enough!

          "Ok, we need to check out the outside of the place before we make ourselves known to whoever's home. Maybe they're holding the guys in some sort of outdoor area. Like a storm cellar or something. That would make it easier to get to them instead of us having to weasel our way inside." Courtney's voice shakes a little as she walks with her hand in mine.

         "When exactly have we had it easy since we fell into Santa Carla?" I asked her sarcastically.

        We can see the outside lights from the house as we approach the bottom of the hill that the house sits on. I can smell the flowers Marko told us about. I make a mental note to give him a big hug later on for noticing them since they've been here.

         We watch silently as Sam and the Frog brothers come slinking out of the front door.

          The yard is filled with all kinds of taxidermied animals. All of which are casting the creepiest shadows in every direction. Suddenly a brilliant idea hit me!

         I whisper lowly to Courtney, "How scared would those kids be if the owl hanging over the door started hooting at them?" I can't help but grin.

          I close my eyes and imagine that particular owl hooting in their direction.

      "Whooo.... whooo!"

         "I'm going to try something else!" Courtney says as she closes her eyes tightly.

         I watch intently as the same owl slightly turns its head and looks down at Sam Emerson. His scream was louder than mine when we saw "Annabelle" in the theater. Holy crap! How did she do that?