Chapter 27

SAM'S P.O.V.

          I woke up with a raging headache. Too bad I don't have healing powers. At least I don't think I do. I guess it couldn't hurt to try.

           I close my eyes tightly and press my fingertips to my temples. Much to my delight, the sharp pains dies down immediately. I can't wait to tell the others about this!

          I smile and open my eyes to see Courtney staring wide eyed at me with Paul dying of laughter behind her.

            "A green light just shot out of your hands and into your head! What the hell, Sam?" Courtney screeches at me before grabbing her bag and bolting out the doorway.

             "If ya really missed me that bad, you should have just said so. I could have Dwayne shoot you images of me...of us...in the b..." Paul starts to say, with his eyebrows raised.

            "Oh shut up, Paul!" I cut him off with a snort and a laugh. Like I really need those kinds of images clouding my mind right now. I sigh loudly before grabbing what we now call "the blood bottle" and following him out into the main room, or what's left of it.

           Marko is burying the dead birds while Courtney is trying to help Dwayne salvage what's left of his books. David is staring down the tunnel that leads outside. I walk over to stand beside him.

           "For what it's worth, I'm sorry your place got trashed. Did you have anything of value here? Besides this?" I ask him quietly as I hand him the blood bottle. He seems surprised to see it survived the carnage.

           "There's nothing here that can't be replaced. None of us was hurt, and we'll all make it to 2020 together. That's all that matters. Go tell the other it's almost time to go." He tells me in his "I own the world" leader voice.

           No wonder they want him to be their sire. I never even drank from the bottle, yet I still have the urge to do anything he tells me to do. 

           I salute him like a good soldier would and turn around before relaying his message to the others. We each have a duffle bag to carry, plus Courtney and I have our purses. That's not too much to haul with us, thank God. We can do this! I feel a tap on my shoulder blade, which I know is about my sister's height, so I turn around slowly with a raised eyebrow.

          Courtney's eyes are wide as she points to the spot in front of me. I turn back around and let out a high pitched shriek, which causes my sister to jump back and let out a squeal of her own.

           "Damn Lavinia! You scared the dog shit out of us! Warn a bitch the next time you feel like popping in on unannounced!" Courtney whisper yells at her while holding her hand over her heart.

           "Yeah Lavinia! How dare you scare us girls like that!" Paul mimics Courtney's voice almost perfectly while Marko waves his hands in the air like he's terrified of her. Jerks.

           "You better watch yourselves, Gentlemen! My babies know how to accidentally fight!" Lavinia yells out before reaching in her robe pocket and handing me a small black bag with a string tied at the top.

             I reach into it and pull out sparkly business cards with a pic of our stuffed rabbits on them that read:

           Leprechaun and Hazel Eyes

    We'll whip your ass without meaning to! Call anytime, day or night!
 We promise to apologize for it after!
(Nerdy head vampires not accepted)