Chapter 2

SAM'S P.O.V.

     I'm losing my patience! I mean, my sister is only 5 ft tall and 100 lbs, and that's on a good day! She couldn't have gotten far on her short ass legs. Or maybe I'm not seeing her because she's shorter than every other person here? Then again, she has red hair! And I don't mean auburn red that blends nicely into other colors. We're talking dark copper red down to the middle of her back with a face covered in freckles. They're aren't many leprechaun looking girls out here, so it should be easy to find her! I see a flash of red out of the corner of my left eye, so I start power walking in that direction. I throw my hand out and grab a handful of long ass red hair and pull it to my chest. "Ow! Damnit!" Courtney lets out a string of curse words while running her hands through her hair. Her eyes look like saucers as she whispers, "What the actual fuck, Sam?! I just had a conversation with an 80's movie villan! A vampire! Freaking Dwayne to be exact! How did we get here? And more importantly, HOW DO WE GET HOME?!" She yells in my face, looking absolutely frantic. I yank her towards the back of the Fortune Teller booth, where no one can hear us.

     "Lower your voice! I don't know what's going on, but I'm pretty sure those 80's movie vampires have super sonic hearing or something!" I whispered harshly. She nods her head, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly. I glance down and notice she's carrying both of our purses. She didn't have them earlier, did she? "Where did you get those? I thought we dropped them at the theater 33 years from now?!" She looks down at the bags and then back up at me, her lips making a perfect circle of surprise.

     "Well, when whoever that guy was ran into you on the carousel, some random guy walked passed us carrying our purses! I had to get them back! We need them, if for nothing else than to have money to get the hell out of here! What I failed to realize was that the man holding our purses was Dwayne! FYI, his hair is just a fabulous in person as it is in the movie!" She smiled at her own words. But of course! Dwayne's hair is legendary!

     "That guy was Paul. Yes, that Paul!" Her facial expression would have made me laugh if I hadn't been already freaking over, well... everything!

     I grab my bag from her, throw it over my shoulder, intertwine our arms and start dragging her back into the crowd. I mean, there's safety in numbers right? I quickly fill her in on my meet and greet with Mr. Everything About Me Is Sexy Vampire. She lets out a freakishly girly squeal. She knows how I felt. She'd feel the same way if she came face to face with David. But I need to stay on track before we're murdered by the film industry's sexiest bad boys. Except apparently they're not fake. They're really real! Like in real life, flesh and blood really real real real! Except the blood isn't all theirs. I imagine some of it would belong to them, the people they feed off of and of course their sire, Max.

     Sweet mother of God! I forgot about Max!!! I feel the blood drain out of my face. I have no idea if we're in the actual movie or not. What if we are? What if they're all about to die? What if Max has already met Lucy and has put his plan into motion for "one big happy family"? I don't know much right now, but I know for a fact that my sister would refuse to let the 4 vampires die. Same goes for me. But what kind of world would it be if they lived? Ugh! I'm not sure of anything right now other than the fact that we're stuck in 1987 in Santa Carla with a little bit of money and a couple of useless cell phones. I really wish I knew what my parents phone number was back then... or is it back now? Oh what the hell ever! I close my eyes for a second, trying to gather my thoughts.

     "Sam! Hey, Sam!" I hear an excited voice yelling my name. No! Nope! Not tonight! I've enough excitement to last me a lifetime! Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away. I start walking with my sister in tow, keeping her as close to me as possible.

     "Oh come on, girly! You can't ignore me forever! I thought we were friends! Pleeease talk to me!"

     I stop suddenly, causing my sister to run into the back of me. I turn around in slow motion to see him. Less than 20 feet away from me, smiling like he's won the lottery. His crystal blue eyes are shining bright with merriment. Behind him I see Dwayne and Marko sitting on their bikes, waiting patiently. For what, I have no idea. Nor do I care to find out! At least not at this moment in time.

I need to clear my head before I make an ass of myself or worse, give away the fact that we aren't supposed to be here! Technically, I'm not even born yet!  I sigh deeply before smiling politely at him. Making sure to speak slowly so I don't blurt out anything incriminating about us, I ask "How can I help you, Paul?"