Chapter 8

SAM'S P.O.V.

         Sometimes I question my sister's sanity. I certainly did just that as we were just getting to the video store. She suddenly swung her bag hard over her left shoulder, hitting a lady in the process. She then mouths the words 'Lucy Emerson' to me. Damn, she's got good eyes! I missed Lucy completely, and no it had nothing to do with me being distracted by anything or anyone! She then mouthed the words 'Go handle Max. I've got Lucy.' as she blocks Lucy from seeing into the video store.

        I walk slowly into the store and immediately but discreetly rip down the 'Help Wanted' sign in the window. I'm glad I remembered Lucy needing a job in the movie and being hired by Max. I'm not sure if we can actually pull this off though. I have to give credit where credit is due. Lucy Emerson is freaking adorable! She's all sweet and motherly and dresses well. I have to admit, she'd definitely be a good influence on the guys. Assuming the guys needed changing. Which they don't. They're fine the way they are! And we intend to keep it that way.

        I hear growling as soon as we get through the door. Max's hellhound, Thorn isn't happy to see the guys, but of course they don't care one bit. They even smile at the mutt. The guys spread out with Dwayne heading to the 'Mystery' section, and Marko barreling towards the 'Comedy' section. Paul brings his hand down to lace his fingers with mine, dragging me to the 'Horror' section. David stops at the counter to talk to Max. I have to divert Max's attention somehow! That should be easy with Paul on my side. I mean, everyone needs a partner in crime, right?

        With a glint in my eye, I look at Paul and start switching and mixing up the movies. I make sure to be loud about it too. I love the way he just rolls with it, not even asking why I'm trying to cause trouble. He takes tapes out of their covers and puts them in totally different ones, laughing like a hyena. I "accidentally" stumble into a display for "The Goonies", knocking over every last one of them. I'm sure people thought we were high or drunk, but I didn't care. Not only was I helping save their lives, but I was also having a blast.

        "PAUL! WHAT DO THE TWO OF YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO ACT IN PUBLIC, YOUNG LADY?!" Max yells at us as he storms over to our massive pile of mayhem. I think I can see a vein throbbing in his forehead. His eyes look ridiculously huge behind his thick lens glasses. It takes everything I have in me not to laugh my ass off at his temper tantrum. I can see Dwayne and Marko holding movies in their hands behind Max, fighting to keep from smiling at us. I look past them to see David standing near the doorway. I can just barely make out my sister's form as she's waving bye to Lucy before walking in the door, holding a little boy's hand. It's the same kid that got lost in the movie. Lucy was supposed to bring him in the store to find his mother, but instead it's my sister walking him in. She stops next to David at the counter to wait for the boys mom. She should be in any minute now. With Lucy long gone, it looks like our job here is done for the night. Now if I can just get us out of trouble with King of the Geeks, we'll be good.

        I wink at Paul before turning to Max with fake tears in my eyes. "Sir, it's not Paul's fault. I made a bad judgement call. I never think before I do things. Paul was trying to stop me, but I wouldn't let him. I'm extremely sorry!" I almost choke on my fake apology. I can't stand this man. He makes my blood boil with anger. I have keep in mind that even though he may not look like much, this man is pure evil.

        "Just get out of here all of you! And don't come back!" He screams at us. We waste no time in jetting out the door. By then, everyone is ready to go anyway. Now that that's taken care of, we're ready to go shopping!

        I don't know why, but I automatically look to Marko for direction on where to get clothes from. The boy is wearing dirty blue jeans with leather chaps over them, a crop top wife beater shirt, brown boots and of course the jacket. His jacket is like a work of art with dozens of patches on it. Each one of them is different. "So Marko, did you sew that jacket yourself? It's really cool!" He smiles before nodding his head at me.

        Courtney pipes up with, "That's incredible! I especially love the patch with naked lady on it! Speaking of clothes Marko, where should we go shopping at? We don't know this area at all and haven't done much browsing yet."

        "It's right this way. And don't worry about the cost or paying for it. We've got it covered." He replies with a smirk at the others.

        I of course try to decline their generous offer. "We couldn't let you guys do that! We have a little shopping money on us."

        "Don't worry about it. The owner will put it on our tab. Trust me on this." David swears. Ok dude, if you say so. Who am I to argue if a man wants to buy us stuff?

        I look over at Courtney, and I can tell she's thinking about something. Whatever it is seems to be bothering her. I reach behind Paul's back and tap her shoulder, giving her a look as if to say 'What's wrong?' She pointed to Dwayne and David and then to her eyes. She's telling me to look at their eyes. As we turn to the right where the clothing store is at, I swing the door open and stand there waiting for everyone else to walk inside. I glance at David and Dwayne's eyes as they pass me. What. The. Hell? Their eyes look clouded over! Like severely foggy or something. I'm pretty sure they aren't on any hardcore drugs, so I have no clue what the deal is. And I don't remember their eyes doing this in the movie. We need to pay closer attention from now on. We'll ask them about that later. Since they're getting us clothes and stuff, we're letting them help us pick it out. This should be fun! I can't wait to see what they come up with!