Chapter 6

SAM'S P.O.V.

        What feels like a few mins later, I feel something pushing on my shoulder and hear a distant voice saying my name.

       "Sam! Sam! Samantha! Saaammm! Wake up!"

      I slowly open my eyes to see Courtney poking me with a broom. I fucking despise morning people with a passion! People that just pop out of bed like that aren't normal. I mean, what the hell time is it anyway? And where on God's green earth did she even get a broom in a cave?! Wait what? Cave?? Holy crap on a cracker! I forgot where we are and why we're here and everything else that's happened in the past 12 hours! Stupid sleep deprived brain! I grumble to myself as I slowly sit up.

      "Give me 10 minutes, and then we'll snoop around a bit. Maybe there's a magic portal here that'll shoot us back home." I say with a roll of my eyes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited to be here. I mean, now we get to take our time and check out the finer details of their fine establishment. We just need to keep our eyes on the light outside and the entrance to the tunnel they went through last night. Courtney is immediately drawn to Dwayne's book collection on the far left wall. I internally smile. She can sniff out a book from across town. I start by standing on top of the fountain. As a kid, I always wanted to be the one dancing on the fountain in the movie! And I can see everything pretty clearly from here. I see a collection of cassette tapes next to what Paul calls his "rock box", which is really a tape player/radio thing. They have mostly rock band tapes, of course. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Journey, and Aerosmith are ones that I recognize immediately. Well, at least I'll know most of their music if we stay long enough to play it. I wonder what they'd do if I snuck some pop tapes in there? A little Tiffany, Cyndi Lauper, and Culture Club wouldn't hurt them a bit! We can get our "Karma Chameleon" on! I chuckle out loud picturing their faces if "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" started playing instead of whatever they have in there now.

      We've been exploring for quite a while when we decided to wander outside for a bit. Let me tell you... Walking down a pitch dark hallway with my sister was NO cake walk! She has to be the clumsiest person on the planet! And that's in broad daylight! It's a wonder she hasn't broken her neck yet.

      We climb down the steps outside, grumbling about them to needing to be replaced as soon as possible. I guess if I had the option to fly or walk, I'd fly too and not worry about replacing the steps. We settle down a few feet away from the cliff, overlooking the ocean. The sun will set soon, and then the Lost Boys will be at it again. We still need to figure out if Star, Michael and everyone from the movie even exist. I make a mental note to try and find the comic book store the next time we go back to the Boardwalk. I watch the sun go down behind the ocean, lost in thought.

      "Do you hear that? Listen real hard." Courtney says as she leans back with a look of concentration.

"But I keep cruising,
Can't stop, won't stop grooving.
It's like I got this music in my mind
Sayin' it's gonna be alright!

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off"

        Oh sweet, merciful lord! Someone found one of our phones with our playlists on it! Out of every song in the world for them to play, why oh why did it have to be that one?! We stand up and flat out start running towards the cave. We need to get in there fast before they find something on there that has an actual date on it! I can't wait on my sister to find her balance running in the dark, so I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder. Hold on, girlfriend! We're on a mission to discover who has found what. I already know they've been in our purses (messenger bags). God I hope they haven't found my Ipad! Or worse, my sister's electronic cigarette!

      "Question ladies! Who the fuck is Taylor Swift and what exactly is she trying to shake off?" Paul yells out as we enter the main room.

       No, no, no! We look on the couch and see that they've emptied both of our purses out. Dwayne is looking at the keychains on our key rings, which include my Carolina Panthers lanyard and the little store cards you get to scan at the grocery stores for a discount. David is looking through both of our wallets, pulling out debit cards, social security cards, IDs and business cards. Marko is holding up the spare shirt Courtney keeps in her bag at all times. Ya know, just in case. And Paul is yelling into a cell phone to stop screeching crappy music at him.

     "Uh, Courtney? Who's Edward and Jacob? These guys can't be real. They're not very manly, are they?" Marko asks her while cringing at the shirt he's holding. I couldn't have planned this shit better if I tried! She packed a Twilight shirt, and now an actual vampire is holding it!!! I can't help myself. I start laughing so hard that I'm rolling on the ground with tears in my eyes. Courtney's face is red with embarrassment as she's stuttering, trying to explain herself and the shirt. I decided to come to her rescue.

       "It's a movie that no one really knows about. Jacob is a werewolf, and Edward is a vampire. They both love the same girl." I'll be damned as Paul's hairdresser if all 4 men in the room didn't jerk their heads in my direction when I mention Edward being a vampire.

        "Vampire? What kind of vampire is he? Like what's his story?" David asks while trying to look nonchalant.

        "Well, he was turned into one as he was dying. He only drinks animal blood, and his skin sparkles like diamonds when the sun hits it." I explain to them as they watch me with rapt attention.

       "So you're telling me that he's a little bitch that sparkles in the sun, could lose his girl to a werewolf and is a vegetarian on top of everything else?! You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Paul screams out loud while holding onto his chest like he's having a heart attack. The rest of the guys don't look any better. David is holding his head like it hurts, Dwayne is just standing there with his mouth hung open and Marko drops the shirt like it has rabies. Courtney is looking mildly offended. She loves that shirt, after all. It was in her bag. This whole situation is gold to me! I'm so remembering this moment for the rest of my life!

       "Sam, what's this card with your blood type on it?" David asks me. "O+... interesting. I'm familiar with that blood type myself." David smirks at me while waving the card in front of his face.

      "That's my donor card. I give blood every once in a while. Why are you so interested in it?" I ask innocently. I scrunch up my face for full effect. I know why you're interested, buddy and it ain't happening!

      "Just curious. Also, what's a visa card? And who is Teresa H? Several of her business cards were in Courtney's wallet. She seems important to her."

       "She's just a lady that hands out too many of her cards to one person." And also our mother. But he doesn't need to know that.

                              PAUL'S P.O.V.

        I watch silently as David interrogates Sam. He's being a little nosey isn't he? I scoff as I try to get this rectangle thing with a screen on it to play a different song. I give up and drop it to pick up Sam's wallet. I dig through it until I find what looks a bit like movie tickets. "Yoohoo! Sam! I have another question!" I yell while raising my arm in a school boy manner.

        Her eyes light up as she looks at me. "I found these movie ticket stubs looking things in your wallet. I've never heard of the movie though. It's called 'The Lost Boys'. What's it about?"

       I swear her face loses ALL color as she stammers over her words. I busy myself with some sort of girly ass body spray, spritzing it all over Marko's jacket sitting on the back of the couch. Now he'll smell like a... cucumber melon?! Nasty! Who the hell wants to smell like rabbit food? Probably the sparkly little bitch on the front of Courtney's shirt! I let out an ungodly snort. I crack myself up sometimes.

       "It's...it's a movie about...um...Peter Pan! Yeah! Peter Pan and The Lost Boys!" Hmmm, Miss 'Samantha with the rockin' bod' looks right proud of herself over that lie. Don't worry, my beautiful flower. I'll get the truth out of you soon.

       "Alright everybody! Let's hit the road! I'm getting hungry." I say with meaning. My brothers know what I mean. We need to drop the girls off at the Boardwalk and go find some troublemakers to feed off of. It's gonna be an awesome night!