Chapter 9

SAM'S P.O.V.

I'm last to walk into the clothing store. I realize quickly that the lights aren't even on in this place. Is it even open at this time of night? Oh my...did we just catch a breaking and entering charge?! David flips the switches behind me. I turn around to see...ab-so-lute horror!

My God the clothes in here are atrocious! I keep forgetting we're in the 80's, and fashion back then sucked major ass. But I'm determined to find something, even if it's ugly. I plan on taking some sort of shower tonight and will need clean clothes to change in to later. Keeping thoughts of cleanliness in my mind, I walk towards the rack that's closest to me.

3 hours later, and my head hurts so freaking bad! I haven't laughed this hard in years. Paul has draped himself in acid wash denim jeans, a neon orange shirt, a white jacket with the world's largest shoulder pads, several cheap plastic bracelets adorn each arm and an ugly plastic earring hangs from his ear. Dear. Lord. Just. No.

Thank you to the almighty for Marko who is ushering me into a changing room beside my sister who's already in one. This vamp really knows how to pick out nice outfits. He even listened to me when I told him my style is more casual. Although I'm a bit worried at how much they're shoving into bags out there. We really don't need that much considering we don't plan on staying much longer. But we can't exactly tell them that, so we just go along with whatever they want for now.

We end up with several outfits a piece, including pajamas, shoes and jackets. And also, much to my horror underwear and bras. I try not to think about how they knew our sizes without us telling them. Finally, we're ready to go! I hop on Paul's bike and Courtney slings herself on the back of Marko's. We realized too late what a mistake this was...riding with the 2 more immature, hyper ones. They raced each other back to the cave at insane speeds, doing wheelies and standing up at random times. I loved how excited and carefree they seemed to be. I'd love to feel that happy simply from being.

We get to cave in record time and tote the bags inside. Dwayne immediately takes them to a side room, which I assume is a bedroom of some sort. I really hope there's some sort of shower here as well as a toilet. We've squatted outside the cave to pee earlier, but I'm not wanting to repeat the experience if don't have to. I mean, what if a rattlesnake bites my tushy?! I would surely die unless the guys had me drink David's blood from the fancy schmancy bottle they have hidden in the cave. In which case I'd be stuck here, unable to ever see my family again. My family means everything to me, especially since we lost our dad to cancer 2 years ago. I can't and won't give them up. I shake my head as I realize I'm rambling to myself again.

"Hey gentlemen! Is there some kind of bathroom around here? We'd like to wash the ick off of us, if possible." I say out loud. They all pause, staring at us like the word bathroom is a foreign thing to them.

"Yeah! I'm starting to smell ripe over here!" Courtney blurts out as she lifts her arms to smell herself. I roll my eyes and look at the guys expectantly.

Dwayne stands up and motions for us to follow him. We grab a couple of pajama sets and follow him slowly down what looks like a hallway with rooms on each side. But of course! This used to be a hotel before the earthquake tore it up! Our chances of finding a bathroom just went up in my mind.

We catch up to Dwayne, and Courtney grabs on to the back of his jacket while I hold on to her waist. I feel a cold draft on both sides of me but pay it no mind. There's probably holes all in this place.

We pass by an old mirror hanging on the wall. I glance over at my reflection and let out a blood curdling scream. All I see in the mirror is the slightest reflection of man making the most God awful, freakiest face at me! Hell. To. The. Nope! My scream causes Courtney to scream and pull on Dwayne's jacket. We both run forward and climb up and over him. Poor Dwayne! I grab his hand and start hauling absolute ass down the hallway. We couldn't very well leave Dwayne to the boogey man, now could we? Our favorite holiday is Halloween, and we go to haunted houses every year. We know quite a bit about running from scary things.

I don't know why I let my sister lead the way though. She kept running until she just literally dropped out of sight. I hear a splash and freeze in my tracks. Where the hell did she go and what was that splash?! "What the fuck just happened? Where did she go?" I'm cursing up a storm as I let go of Dwayne's hand. When I finally quiet down, I notice he's silently laughing so hard that tears are running down his face. "What's so funny, huh? My sister is gone and this cave is fucking haunted, Dwayne! We need to find her and get the hell out of Dodge! Like now!" I yell at him while gingerly stepping forward so I can see where my sister fell at. I mean she literally dropped down into something. I'm assuming that splash was her too.

"Hey Sam! Get me out of here! The water's freezing, and this shit hole is haunted!" I hear Courtney yell from somewhere below us. I can see a light and hear footsteps coming down the hall. Marko and David brought torches to put in holes in the wall to light up the room. I can now see what almost looks like a large hole in the ground filled with water.

"They had a swimming pool in this hotel when it was still functional years ago. By the way, what was with all the screaming just now?" Marko asks me as he lays a few towels on the ground. Oh my Jesus! I almost forgot about that! Apparently vampires aren't the only entities that live in this sunken hotel!

The exact moment I started to answer him, chaos ensued again. "Well, I... AAAHHHH!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!" I scream and point to a spot behind David. I don't hesitate before jumping into the water with Courtney. I saw that same face, only this time it was hovering in the doorway! It fucking followed us down here! It's probably attached to me now because I made eye contact with it! I wonder if ghosts can time travel?! If so, then it probably plans on hopping on over to the year 2020 when I leave here, just so it can harass me for the rest of my life! I. Am. So. Screwed.