Chapter 23

PAUL'S P.O.V.

         We could tell the minute the girls had their hands on our jackets, and therefore a piece of our souls as well. I immediately felt worn out, like I had been through Hell and back 6 times without stopping. This must be what my girl feels like right now. I can't wait to rip apart whoever made her feel this way.

         David is looking rougher than I am though. He looks exhausted and emotional. Courtney must be having a tough time of it too.

         Dwayne and Marko look tired as well, just not as much and me and David. The more changes I notice in us, the angrier I get inside. Someone will pay for this.

         Marko nudged me out of my thoughts and nodded at David. I glanced over and about shrieked like a damn girl.

         I thought we actually had to be asleep at the same time the girls were sleeping in order to communicate through their dreams! Apparently. Not.

         There we were trying to hold our shit together for the girls, when Marko notices David's eyes glaze over. But this wasn't a mind link glaze. This glaze turned his entire eyes white. Marko jumped behind me, and we both pushed Dwayne in front of us. He's always been the 2nd in command when David not around. It's only right that he handle this situation now.

         David slumps to the floor, and Dwayne follows suit, sitting criss cross beside him. Both of their eyes are white now. Man this shit is creepy! If I had a camera, I'd take their pictures. But I guess that wouldn't really work because we barely have reflections, and we would definitely need....damn why do I feel hazy all of a sudden...

         Why the hell is it so dark in this room? Well it's not exactly dark room, but more like we were dropped ass first into a dark hole. The only light in this dark hole is the one over the bed that the girls are sleeping in on my right side.

        Wait...what? Holy shit, we're in the same dream with them! It's either that, or I've been roofied again.

        I step closer to the bed to get a closer look at my favorite girl. When I got within a few feet of the bed, music started coming from somewhere in the distance.

    "We made it through the wilderness.
Somehow we made it through.
Didn't know how lost I was,
Until I found you."

          What is with the crappy music since we met the girls? We really need to teach them what good music is as soon as we get rid of whoever is behind all this shit.

         I notice she's not wearing her usual t shirt and shorts, but instead is wearing some sort of green gown thing that covers just enough to keep her decent. I don't know much about this dream stuff, but I'm definitely not complaining so far!

        "Turn the fucking music off, Paul! Don't make me come in there!" What the hell! Courtney isn't even fully awake, and she's still blaming me for shit. For once, I'm not to blame here and for some reason that makes me smile.

         Courtney is awake now and looking rather panicked. I snicker at her facial expression. I bet she didn't expect David to be lurking in the shadows like a stalker. And then Marko and Dwayne are at the foot of the bed, just standing there. Well, Marko looks highly amused, but he thinks almost everything is funny.