Chapter 1

PAUL'S P.O.V.

     The Boardwalk is jumping with people tonight! I can hear the live band playing in the distance. Maybe I'll go check it out. I happen to like the sound of a saxophone. I grabbed my jacket off the back of my bike and make my way around the carousel, cutting through the old wooden animals, making my way around the circle. Hardly paying attention to where I was walking, I felt myself collide with a warm body that had just gotten off of a jet black horse with red eyes. I throw on my most charming of smiles, hoping to earn a little forgiveness from the girl I just plowed into. I wasn't looking for trouble at the moment. That's more of David's thing anyway.

     I bend over and extend my hand towards the girl, noticing that she has her dirty blonde hair thrown into a messy ponytail. Hair is very important to me. If you could see my mane and the 200 empty hair spray cans in my bathroom, you'd know why. Her beautiful green eyes stare at my hand before gripping it and hoisting herself up. She doesn't appear to be intimidated by me, which makes my smile grow even more. I thought everyone knew who I was, even if they didn't know WHAT I was. Apparently not. Either this girl is clueless, or she has an impressive set of donkey balls on her and just doesn't give a fuck who I am. Seeing the smirk on her face, I can't wait to find out which one it is!

     I find myself not wanting to let go of her hand. I twist my hand around, turning it into a handshake.

     "The name's Paul, and it's an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance, Beautiful."

      I said with a wink, deploying a little more charm than I normally had to when talking to women. I'm impressed when she shakes my hand but doesn't return the flirty behavior. Hmmm... interesting. By now, she should be hanging on my every word. That's just what chicks do when I lay it on this thick. This one is different, but I'm not sure how. Hang on to your hair, pretty lady! I'll figure you out if it's the last thing I do!

                SAMANTHA'S P.O.V.

     Holy shit balls, Batman! It's him! It's freaking Paul! My absolute favorite vampire ever! I'm inwardly flipping my shit! He's even hotter in person! 'Keep your cool, dumbass!' I think to myself as he continues to hold my hand. He's totally flirting with me! I must have done something wonderfully right to be in this moment right now. Then again, there has to be something seriously wrong with me if I'm this excited to meet a blood sucking killing machine, no matter how utterly gorgeous he is. I roll my eyes at my own stupidity. How did I even get here?! And where the hell is my sister? One minute, we're walking into the movie theater to watch The Lost Boys in the year 2020, and the next we're flying through the air and landing in The Murder Capital of the World in the year 1987! I really need to find her before she finds herself in trouble with a certain spiky haired vampire. But first thing's first...
      "My name is Samantha, but you can call me Sam."

     I try my hardest not to giggle. I mean, what chick could hold her own in front of Paul, the freaking vampire?! Not me, that's for sure! I need to remind myself every few seconds that this man is technically dead and could kill me in seconds. I refuse to let him see the internal battle I'm having with myself. He knows he's hot. He doesn't need me to verify that for him. Dead or alive, this vampire is God like in my eyes.

     "It's nice to meet you, Paul. If you'll excuse me, I have to go find somebody. I'll see you around!"

     I smile and wave to him as I walk slowly away. Ha! Smooth as butter, baby! I mentally pat myself on the back as my eyes scan the crowd for my sister. She was with me when we were on the carousel. Hopefully she didn't wander far.

                    PAUL'S P.O.V.

     I'm keenly aware of the scent of her chamomile shampoo as she walks away. Understandable, considering she's not that much shorter than me, thank God. I'm not into short gals. I think I also smelled honey and lavender? Maybe some other floral shit too. I'm not into scents that much. That's more of Marko's forte. I watch her walk towards the vendor stands, looking for whoever she's supposed to be here with. Something about her is different. I just don't know what it is! I'm positive I've never met her before. I'd definitely remember if I had. She's fucking gorgeous. I jump to the roof top of the building beside the vendor stands and silently watch as she walks slowly down the rickety planks. All she needs now is a big gust of wind and an awesome ballad playing in her direction. An angel like her deserves no less. Sighing heavily, I fly down to an empty alleyway and head back to where my brothers and I parked our bikes. See ya later, Sam. You can count on that!