Chapter 13

PAUL'S P.O.V.

        I woke up before my brothers. I'm just too damn excited to sleep any longer! I still find it hard to believe that she agreed to let me take her out after showing her my vamp face. But according to her, they knew all this time what we are. And there's a movie about us apparently. Creepy. As. Shit.

        I'm standing in the hallway in front of Sam's "haunted mirror". I can barely see my reflection, but I can see enough to check my hair. Which is obviously most important to me. I plan on asking her to tell me all about them while we're out. Courtney can tell my brothers. That way everyone will be on the same page when we get back later.

        I shake my hair out one more time before heading down the hall and into the main room. Sam is sitting on the couch while Courtney finishes braiding her hair. She's wearing jeans and a t shirt, which is perfect for what I have in mind. This is my kind of lady! I smile inwardly at how my long dead heart wants to race at the sight of her. But we all know that's never going to happen because vampire hearts stop beating as soon as the change is done. It's ok though. I'll let her know in other ways.

        "You almost ready, Girlie? We have a full night ahead of us!" I grin at the excitement in her eyes.

        "I've been ready! Let's go!" She jumps up and grabs my hand before yelling bye to the others and racing out the cave entrance. I jump on my bike and hold out my hand to her.

        "Your chariot awaits, my dear!" She grabs my hand and swings up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist. We take off towards the lights of the Boardwalk in the distance.

        About 15 mins later, I'm parking my bike in our normal spot. I can feel people staring at us. They aren't used to seeing any of us bring a girl to the boardwalk. Especially not on a date Usually we're leading them away from the boardwalk and even then it's only to feed off of them.

        I hold her hand as I lead us to to the concert area. The saxophone guy is still in town. Tim, I think his name is. He puts on one hell of a show!

        I hold her tightly to my side as I find a spot between the other people in the crowd. We start swaying and dancing together to the music. My hands are in the air, while my eyes are on the stage. I glance down at Sam, but her eyes are focused on something else. Or rather, someone else.

        "Babe, who are you looking at?" I leaned down to yell in her ear. Concerts here are loud as hell.

        She points to an area a little below us, and that's when I see him. That Michael Emerson guy from the movie we watched last night. And he's staring at a girl dancing just a few feet away from us. It's that Star chick with the kid, Laddie. I remember this scene from the movie! The only difference is, we don't know Star so she won't be leaving on the back of David's bike tonight.

        "We need to find somewhere to talk!" Sam yells at me, and I nod before pulling her towards the food vendor stands, where we can finally talk normally. I wait patiently as she catches her breath. She looks positively spooked right now.

        "I need to explain everything to you now. From the minute Courtney and I stepped into the theater til now. Please believe me!" She said sounding scared. I hope she doesn't think I won't believe her. Don't ask me why, but I'd believe anything she tells me.

        For the next several minutes, she explains it all. They're from the year 2020! To be honest, I thought the world would have ended long before then. As for time travel, well I can believe that. What I'm finding hard to believe is the whole movie part of it. Who the hell would make a movie with my brothers and I in starring roles? That's just insane to me. I know we're awesome and badass and all that, but we aren't movie worthy. According to Sam, we need to make sure the events in the movie don't actually happen. And the scene we just saw with Michael finding Star at the concert, definitely happened in the movie. But do we follow them or to find Sam Emerson and his hunter wannabe cronies? I told David I wouldn't try to take them on without the rest of them, so we'll just tail Michael and Star for now.