Chapter 24

SAM'S P.O.V.

         I woke up on the floor in our room, hugging Paul's "rock box". And I'm not sure where the hell my sister is. Apparently sharing a dream with the guys causes her to sleepwalk or something.

         I have to believe what we dreamt about was real. Otherwise we'd be insane. I could believe either one at this point while I lay here, cuddling with a stereo.

         Every muscle in my body is tight with tension, but I force myself to get up anyway. We can't afford to slack off now. Not when we actually have a solid lead in finding and ultimately rescuing the guys.

         I change out of my pajamas and into some jeans and a tank top. Thank God I wasn't still wearing Paul's dream outfit for me. It was pretty, but not really my style. Even if he did grin like an idiot the whole time.

        I quickly threw on my clothes and left the room in search of my sister. I don't want to yell out her name in case we aren't entirely alone. I run down to the pool room, but find no Courtney. I run back down the hallway and jump off the ledge that leads into the main room.

        There she is, curled up asleep in what's left of David's wheelchair throne thing using his trench coat as a blanket. She honestly looks like a child.

         "Courtney, wake up. Courtneeeey...wakey wakey." I call her name quietly as I shake her gently. Unlike the boys, I believe in waking someone up politely.

        She jumps up from the chair like her ass is on fire and runs to our room without saying a word. I don't blame her. I'm anxious to get this show on the road too. But we have a few things to figure out before we go anywhere tonight.

         She comes back out a few minutes later carrying Marko and Dwayne's jackets and murmurs, "I wish there was some way we could hide these jackets but still carry them with us."

        I suddenly see movement out of the corner of my eye, near the fountain. I follow the movement with my eyes and let out the world's biggest sigh.

         "What's up, Lavinia?" I peer over my shoulder at the old lady. Her grin could put Marko's grin to shame.

        "I heard Courtney wish for an easier way to carry a couple of the jackets. I can help with that as long as the two of you don't take off the jackets you already have on." She tells us with a raised eyebrow.

         "Yes! We'll take all of the help we can get! What did you have in mind?" Courtney asks her excitedly.

         "Spread the jackets on the ground. Yep, that's good. Now step back and watch me work!" She says with flourish.

          A bright yellow light comes from her hands over where Dwayne and Marko's jackets are laying. She whispers foreign words quickly and waves her hands.

         I give Courtney a look as if to say, 'This lady is definitely a witch!'

         It's either that or she has witchy ancestor blood in her. Which is kind of awesome, to be honest.

         The light fades and finally goes out completely. The jackets have been shrunk, but what else am I looking at? I step closer and bend over to get a better look at them.