Night of The Comet

September 9th

September 9th.

Cherith smiled as she finally got her wavy hair how she wanted it to be, grabbed her backpack and went out of her room to see her sister and aunt talking.

She smiled, walking up to them.

“Morning women.”

The 2 looked at her amused.

“Well, good morning to you too woman.”

Jenna greeted her as she arranged her hair in an up do and Cherith looked at her, all dressed up.

“Going on a date?”

She asked, curiously and Jenna snorted, shaking her head.

“Oh please no! Instead I’m spending my day with your annoying teachers. All thanks to Jeremy.”

“Ah…”

Cherith nodded, understandingly before looking around.

“Where is he anyways?

“He left early. Something about getting to woodshop early to finish a birdhouse.”

Cherith frowned, exchanging a look with an equally confused Elena which Jenna noticed and she sighed.

“There is no woodshop, is there?”

Elena shook her head sympathetically and Jenna sighed, dropping her hand from her up do and it slumped down too, like how Jenna was possibly feeling.

Cherith really wanted to laugh but she already felt bad for her aunt and so stepped forward.

“How about I help you with your hair so you can get over the parent teacher thing fast.”

Jenna looked at her with a small smile.

“You’re a life saver.”

“Well I’m heading out. Want me to wait so you can get a ride Cherry?”

Cherry waved her off.

“No, never mind. I’ll just take the bus as usual. Really can’t wait till I turn 16!”

Elena and Jenna chuckle.

////////////

Classes were rather slow for the day and all everyone could talk about was either Vicki’s attack or the coming comet.