Who is Chthon?

April 30th.

Gilbert Residence.

Cherith grunted a bit from where she sat in front of her vanity that early afternoon as she finally got her shiny curls into a suitable hairstyle.

On a normal day, it wouldn’t have been much trouble for her to do so, nor would she be in such a mood, but as John had been buried just the day before, her mood was still tainted with that of sorrow and sadness.

It didn’t help that she was SUPPOSED to be happy. At least for today, her prom.

Her gown was a glittering silver.

Strapless with double ruffles at the chest, but the ruffles faced upwards in an appealing manner.

It was long sleeved ending in a finger loop.

Tight from under the bust to her waistline and then falling to the floor in a fitted but sort of loose way, a long slit going from her upper thigh to the end on her left leg, completing the look with a pair of silver dainty wrap heels.

She decided on no necklaces, but went for long dangly silver earrings and a beautiful silver forehead piece that glittered in the right light.

All in all, she looked like an actual queen to behold.

For her make up, she’d gone with the glittering type as well as shiny rhinestones around her eyes.

To be honest, she wasn’t too sure about the prom but… better to get your mind off the things plaguing you, at least for a while.

At the moment, Vampire 2.0 and his brother were MIA.

Everything seemed to be quiet… like everyone was trying to move on.

Elena, with her propensity for trying to act all mature and pretend everything was better so as not to worry people, was doing so again.

Presently, she was trying to convince Jeremy to follow her to the screening of ‘Gone With The Wind’ at the Town Square the following day along with Caroline.

Cherith could understand why. Jeremy wasn’t too good with dealing with grief. Well, Elena too… so she was trying to bottle it all up by pretending everything was alright with her.

As for Cherith, well… let’s just say she was coping better than expected.

Oh it hurt that John died, but… death really wasn’t the end though, was it?

She sighed, fiddling with her silver pouch, thinking about her own issues.

The Scarlet Witch.

That title was a damn burden, no lie about it.

She’d also been playing on the thought of telling her siblings the truth. Not the whole truth though, just about being the Scarlet Witch and what it meant.