Haunted

October 31st.

Grams’ Residence.

“Hey Grams, was our family burned in the witch trials?”
Bonnie asked her grandmother who scoffed as she put on some candles in her living room that morning.

“No child, the girls that were persecuted in Salem were sadly entirely innocent. You'd have to have more than ignorance to trap a real witch.”
Sheila Bennett scoffed as she sat next to Bonnie, shaking her head.

“How did we end up in Mystic Falls then?”
Bonnie asked curiously.

“Our family fled Salem in 1692 and relocated here. Our ancestors lived in secrecy for over a hundred years. It's important that we still do.”
She warned Bonnie, looking her right in the eye and Bonnie stared at her confused.

“But Grams, everyone already knows you’re a witch.”

Sheila scoffed, amused.

“They also know it's absurd, can't be true. I'm just a kooky lady that teaches occult at the university.”
She joked, before looking at Bonnie seriously.

“No ones really believes that child. They just poke fun. And let 'em. Don't let 'em know the truth.”
Bonnie nodded solemnly before she got super excited again, looking at her Grams expectantly.

“Okay Grams, so where's the witchcraft? I mean, you've been talking history for 2 days. I wanna get to the fun part.”
She said hurriedly and Sheila stared at her grandchild unimpressed.

“Let me tell you something Bonnie Bennett, witchcraft is not meant to be fun. It's real and it's serious, and you must understand it before you practice it.”

Bonnie nodded seriously, expecting her Grams to suddenly do or say something when she spoke up again.

“Aren't you late for school?”

Bonnie gave her Grams a looked which Sheila ignored and Bonnie sighed, grabbing her bag and leaving for school.

****

Mystic Falls High.

It had been a while since Vicki went MIA.

Cherith honestly felt bad for Matt.

He was a good guy.

A good brother.

But it seemed he didn’t have the best of luck with family.

Cherith had heard about the kind of person his mother was, and now his elder sister was giving him even more troubles.

She was in awe of how he seemed to be okay, even if she knew he wasn’t.

And that was why she’d made him a delicious pie and was presently walking over to him where he stood by his locker, a small but friendly smile on her face.

“Hey Matt!”
She chirped as she reached him and he looked up, giving her a small grin.

“Hey Cherry. It’s been a while.”