Friday Night Bites 3

September 12th.

Cherith rushed over to Leslie who was donned up in her cheerleading outfit, her dark brown hair in a high ponytail as she laughed at something one of her friends said.

As soon as she caught sight of Cherith, she excused herself from her friends and walked over to her with a grin.

“Hey Cherry! Ready for today?”

She grinned excitedly and Cherith rolled her eyes.

“Not really. I’m not a football player, nor am I a cheerleader so…”

She shrugged and Leslie huffed.

“So? What do you mean so?! You’re still a freaking timber wolf! Live a little!”

Cherith scoffed before shuddering slightly which Leslie frowned at.

“You okay?”

“I dunno. I woke up this morning feeling pretty odd. Like cold… but on the inside. Maybe I’m coming down with something. I don’t know”

Leslie frowned.

“You should probably see the school nurse if it gets worse.”

Cherith makes a noise in her throat, non-committal.

Ever since she woke up, she’d had this feeling like she was… expecting something. The hairs on her body would occasionally raise and her breath would shudder.

It was odd. Maybe she really was catching a cold, but, she looked around.

The sun was shining and it was slightly hot today.

Maybe she really was the odd one of Mystic Falls after all.

“Oh my God!”

Leslie squealed excitedly, and Cherith looked at her staring across and turns to where she was looking.

Stefan was in the process of putting a necklace around Elena’s neck and Cherith snorted, though a small smile appeared across her face once she noticed the elated look on her sister’s face.

It had really been quit a while since she’d seen Elena so… happy.

“Ugh! Why aren’t there nice boys like him around to snatch!”

Leslie groaned and Cherith chuckled.

“Really wish Stefan had a brother.”

At that, Cherith grimaced at the sudden remembrance of Stefan’s brother. Damon or Damien.

“Um, actually he does.”

Leslie’s neck whipped to look at her in a second and Cherith idly wondered if her friends neck was doing okay or not.

“He does?!”

She asked excitedly but Cherith quickly cut her off.

“But don’t get your hopes too high anyways, he’s already taken. By Caroline at that.”

Leslie scowled before a thoughtful look spread across her face.

“Hm, must have been the guy who showed up during practice yesterday.”

Cherith shrugged.

“Wouldn’t know. Didn’t spot whoever that was. But if he did have black hair and an air of pride then he certainly was the one.”

Leslie groaned morosely.

“I guess I wasn’t in luck after all”

“Don’t feel too disappointed anyway. I met him already and I can already tell that he’s a grade A asshole.”