Friday Night Bites 2

Cherith sat on the kitchen counter as she watched her sister and Bonnie hustle up some food for their dinner that evening.

It was rather amusing to watch as she crunched down on some snack.

Elena wasn’t a fan of cooking. Never had.

She had always been the preppy type who loved to party and hangout with friends.

Cherith on the other hand, had no abundance of friends, especially when she was homeschooled and so spent a lot of time with her mum which made her pick up a thing or two from her.

She’d actually volunteered to help her sister but Elena was being controlling and wanted to plan everything all by herself.

Cherith wanted… no, needed, to see where it would go.

“Okay then, You explain it. Last night, I'm watching Nine-o, a commercial breaks come on and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial. And sure enough, it's that guy and the girl with the bench, he flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture!”

Bonnie gushes as she bustles around the kitchen and Elena smiles, amused.

“Oh come on, Bonnie. That commercial's on a constant loop. Literally every hour or so!”

Elena says as she rinses some spoons and forks.

Bonnie rolled her eyes.

“Fine. Well, how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers. 3 numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?”

Cherith shrugged.

“It’s not that weird. I think about numbers most of the time.”

She added and Bonnie gives her a look.

“Well that’s because your IQ is well above the charts!”

Elena chuckled and added her own two cents.

“Well then maybe we should play the lottery.”

This time Bonnie gave her a look and she smiles before sighing.

“Well… have you talked to your Grams or something?”

Bonnie shook her head.

“No, thank you. She’s just gonna say I’m a witch. I don’t wanna be a witch. Do you wanna be a witch?”

Elena quickly shook her head.

“I don’t wanna be a witch.”

Cherith looked at the two of the exasperatedly.

“Well I do!”

The 2 of them stare at her amused.

“What? I could magic myself all the money and food I want! Maybe even use it against my enemies!”

Elena and Bonnie grin.

“You’re only 15 Cherry. You don’t have any enemies.”

Cherith reasoned what her sister had said and shrugged.

“True, but I’ll be older soon. It’s best to have a thing or two up your sleeves.”

Elena shook her head as she transferred the to-go food into a bowl and Cherith and Bonnie look unimpressed at the presentation.

“Putting it in a nice bowl isn’t gonna fool anyone Elena dear.”

Elena ignored her before moving to the drawers, not sure which one to open.

“Okay. Serving spoons… where are the serving spoons?”

She mumbled to herself.

“Middle drawer on your left.”