Bloodlines

Salvatore Boarding House.

Stefan stared at Elena's necklace which she'd left on the picture of Katherine, concern in his eyes.

He kept trying to call Elena but she didn't answer and so he decided to leave a voicemail.

"Elena. It's Stefan. I know that this picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. So, please, when you get this, call me."

*************

December 3rd.
Alaric's Apartment.

Alaric sat at his desk, typing on his computer while sipping tea from a thermos.

I found one. After years of research and study, there it was right in front of me. I was terrified.

As I stared it in the eyes, I drove a stake through its heart. I was right about Mystic Falls. There is evil here. I can sense it. Feel it.

It's everywhere.

He stopped, standing up to dress up for his job, and he went back to the table where he stared at a picture of a very beautiful young woman with dark brown hair and eyes.

Flashback.

The young woman slept comfortably in a bed when a younger Alaric sat and pressed a kiss on her forehead, making her groan slightly as she woke up.

"It's not even 7 yet."
She said sleepily, grinning him and he smiled back and answered cheekily.

"Which means you shouldn't be awake for at least six hours."

"Ugh, I hate morning people."
She grinned before moving to cover her head up with the blanket and he stopped her.

"I'm going to be home late."

"I love you."
She smiled softly at him and he grinned, answering her back.

"I love you too."
She covered her head back with her blanket.

************

Gilbert Residence.

Cherith went down the stairs that morning as she prepared to leave for school and headed straight to the kitchen where Jenna was, and Cherith sighed, looking rather petulant.

"I can't believe Elena left for school without even offering me a ride! Come to think of it, she's never this early!"
She scoffed, sitting down and turning to a worried Jenna.

"Maybe she's with Stefan."

Jenna sighed, shaking her head.
"No. I'm not so sure about that. It could be a possibility though. She could have at least notified someone. I tried calling her phone all morning but she's not picking."

Cherith frowned, getting slightly worried.
"Um... what about Bonnie? Caroline? Did you maybe get in touch?"

Jenna nodded.
"Yes, she's not with Caroline but I can't reach Bonnie."

Cherith nodded.
"Then she's probably with Stefan and then she'll go straight to school from his house. You know how Elena is aunty... don't stress yourself too much."