162 Candles

November 1.

Salvatore Boarding House.

Stefan was asleep in the large living room when the sound of the book on his lap falling to the ground startled him out of his slumber and he sat up, looking around.

“Damon?”
He called out, expecting to see his brother, as he stood up, walking around, but no one answered.

He walked towards the opened backyard door, closing it when he heard a blur and he walked around, confused.

“Damon?”
He called out again but as he turned, he was pushed to the floor and he gasped, turning back up and in that moment, a female vampire crouched on him, her face vampiric as she snarked and her fangs were out.

“Lexi?!”
Stefan gasped out and her face returned to normal, smiling at Stefan.

“Hi!”
She beamed at him, standing up and helping him as well.

“W-what are you doing here??”
He let out, surprised as he hugged her which she reciprocated as she scoffed.

“Psh! How could you even ask that!”

Stefan smiled at her.

Lexi was a blonde haired beauty and the oldest friend Stefan had.

He knew he’d be lost in this world, on the part of destruction if she hadn’t run in to him in their first encounter.

“I missed you.”
He said earnestly and she grinned at him before ruffling his hair.

“Happy birthday.”

He chuckled, looking at her fondly.

****

Gilbert Residence.

Cherith walked into the house early that morning as Leslie dropped her off, just in time to see Jenna dressed up and patting her curly hair.

“Hey Jenna.”
Jenna smiled at her before turning back to a mirror and checking her face.

“Morning party animal. How’s Leslie?”
Cherith gave her a thumbs up before frowning.

“I thought you didn’t have plans today. Are you going on a date?”

Jenna scoffed.
“Why is it that anytime I’m so much as dressed nicely, you automatically suspect I’m going on a date.”

Cherith shrugged as she sat on the base of the stairs.
“I dunno, isn’t that what adults love to dress up for the most?”

Jenna sighed mumbling.

“This child… Anyways! Like I’ve made quite clear, after that douchebag, I’m swearing off men. Now! I, am heading to the station.”

Cherith frowned.
“What? Why?”

Just then, Elena and Jeremy began coming down the stairs and Cherith stood up so they’d be able to get down freely.