Memory Lane

March 4

March 4.

Cherith woke up with a small yawn of satisfaction as her alarm clock blared, making her sit up in her bed with a small sniff, hair an unbearable mess.

She stood up from her bed, walking out of her room and into the bathroom, brushing.

Today, she planned on visiting Leslie.

She hadn’t been to school all through the week and had told Cherith not to come over as it was a flu.

But the flu should be gone by now anyways…

Cherith planned to take some of her famous creamy chicken soup she’d prepared the previous night for her.

Cherith wasn’t someone who easily got worried, but Leslie had never been this MIA before since she knew her…

And Cherith hated being worried about someone. It boiled her very blood.

After her hygiene routine, she dressed in a pair of sky blue loose tracksuit.

She put her hair up in a messy bun and paired her outfit with a white Jordans before grabbing her phone and purse and walking down the stairs.

Jenna was in the kitchen preparing for her little hangout with Mason and Alaric.

And, as much as she’d like to stay and watch, she needed to be sure Leslie was actually okay.

It was very disturbing… her usually hyper friend, not there to talk to her about the importance of boys and how she should be getting out of the house and doing teenage things.

“Absence really does make the heart grow fonder…”

She mumbled as she walked into the kitchen.

“Hey Jens… getting ready for your hangout I see…”

She said as she sat on an island stool and Jenna beamed.

It made Cherith smile, seeing her aunt acting her age.

“Yes… yes I am. I haven’t seem Mason in… forever! It’d be nice to get in touch again. You sure you have to go out?”

Jenna asked as she moved around the kitchen and Cherith nodded.

“Believe me I kind of want to stay behind and quiz Mason on a lot of things, but I can’t… I need to be sure Leslie’s okay.”