We Carry On

Cherith grunted in pain, holding her side and she forced herself to sit up, slightly teary eyed.

She glared at the figure that stood a few feet from her in a dark alleyway, and a cold cackle-like laughter resonated around the area with a slight echo in between.

“So weak… so useless… THIS, is the Scarlet Witch?”

The figure huffed, sauntering forward, dressed in all black and her long strongly black curls flying madly in the air.

“I think not…”

She sneered though Cherith couldn’t see it as the alleyway was slightly darkened, compared to the bright afternoon sunniness that shone outside the alley.

An exasperated sigh escaped Cherith’s lips as she wondered how the fuck her ‘relaxing’ trip turned into this… nightmare!

___________________________________

May 22nd.

“Oh look! Should we take that tower bus?”

Leslie eagerly pointed at a light blue coaster bus on the other side of the road that was getting slightly crowded.

Cherith though, had her eyes on everything. At least everything her eyes could see at a time.

New York was certainly different from Mystic Falls that much was true.

The overabundance of people on the streets, going to their different destinations while walking past each other in a stream of loud ambient energies.

It was lively… it was loud, bright, crowded…

It was...

Annoying!

Okay… Cherith had nothing against anyone or anything, but New York had just made her realize she wasn’t cut out for the busy city life.

It just wasn’t her.

Presently, she, Leslie and Chad surprisingly, had ditched their supervisor immediately they walked out the doors of their hotel.

Then again, they hadn’t been the only ones to do so.

It wasn’t like Mrs. O’Leary would care. She’d probably sigh in relief and go drink or something.

That woman had always been a raging alcoholic, a good one too, seeing as she kept it from the school board.

“What do you think, Cherry?”

Leslie turned to her friend who shrugged.

“I dunno. I’m in New York, the big apple, yet I’m… bored.”