Jenna Sommers and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Bad Day

Few Hours Earlier.

April 27th.

Night to Full moon.

Whitmore.

Jenna rolls uncomfortably in her bed as she stayed awake the previous night reading for her upcoming finals and was enjoying sleeping in, thankfully this time without too much nightmares.

Ever since her talk with Cherith, things hadn’t been the same.

She jumped more at moving shadows while occasionally wondering if the students around her were vampires or werewolves or even witches in disguise.

It made her keep to herself even more as she tried to focus on the coming exams for her Masters program.

She had been avoiding calls from Mystic Falls with such intensity that while she felt sad about it, the thought of Mystic Falls… made her shiver all the way to her very bones.

Vampires.

Vampires had been in her home.

In the place she regarded as a safehouse.

Her family had known about it, heck one was a witch.

And her boyfriend… or rather, ex?

He had been involved with it and hadn’t told her about it.

What did they all think she was going to do after finding out?

Smile and say ‘Oh it’s okay. I totally understand why me, a free thinking adult, was kept in the dark like some pansy child to be protected?!’Not when the people that should have been protected were her nieces and nephew, who were now stuck smack dab in the middle of everything fucking thing!

She huffed as she turned in her gradually uncomfortable bed.

It was a bit past 2 in the afternoon and Jenna honestly had no urge to get up and do anything.

At least her room was safe.

She had locked her windows ever since the day she got to Whitmore, and every night, she made sure her dorm door was locked.

She was honestly going through a high case of paranoia.

In fact, the urge to get a shotgun had played up in her mind for days before she decided getting one was just asking for drama.

Looking up at the ceiling, the thought of leaving everything behind seemed so nice to think of.

Hawaii was looking way and way attractive to her now more than ever.

Buzz… Buzz…

The sound of her phone vibrating cut her off as she turned over in her bed, making a grab for it on the side table and lazily checking the new message.