There Goes The Neighborhood

January 15th.

Cherith walked out of her room that morning, backpack behind her as she jogged down the stairs, ready for school.

“Hey Jenna! How’s it going?”
She greeted her aunt who was dressed for the day as well, sipping a cup of coffee.

“Hey brat. Want me to drop you off at the bus stop? I have somewhere to be in town.”

Cherith nodded thankfully.
“Please! I’ve been rather stressed this week.”

Jenna looked at her with concern.
“You okay?”

“Yeah, sure. Just the usual seniors schedule and all. Can you believe they’re thinking of making our seniors trip in New York??”
Cherith gushed and Jenna’s eyes widened.

“Really?! That’s really cool. It’s been a while since seniors actually went on a trip you know… my year actually planned to go to LA but we didn’t have enough funds for it."

“Well my year actually does. I think it has something to do with having a bunch of rich kids in it.”

Jenna grinned as they walked out of the house.
“Well lucky you then. Have you told Elena and Jeremy yet?”

Cherith shook her head.
“No. Not yet, the decision isn’t final yet. Also… I think, we’ve all rather been… busy, with a lot of things going on in our lives… It’s rather odd.”
She said, mainly to herself, realizing she hadn’t exactly spent much time with any of her siblings except for when there was a vampire problem and when she revealed her magic to her brother.

Everyone just seemed to be in their heads.

It worried Cherith slightly but what could she do?

With the secrets seemingly being kept amongst each one of them, even from Jenna, it was making things way too complicated.

*************

Mystic Falls High.

Cherith sighed as she stared out the window of her class that early afternoon, mind wondering elsewhere.

Her dreams had become invaded by something she didn’t even understand.

A book. A grimoire.

A grimoire she had no idea what it contained.

It was old, black, looked like a tome of knowledge.

It had an inscription on it that looked English but was too complicated to remember.

She’d had that dream since the night that man had died in front of her.

She needed to know what it was… if it was real.

And what that absolute darkness was… what it had meant.

Was it dangerous?

Was she meant to find it??

The teacher must have realized majority of the class weren’t listening to him as he looked at them rather frustrated, and let out a mighty clap that resonated around the room, making the students jump.

Cherith particularly freaked out and her emotions made her magic act out.

A couple of bulbs in the class  blew up and some of the windows cracked dangerously.

Shrieks were heard around the room as people jumped to avoid cuts and injuries.

Cherith’s eyes widened in slight panic as she looked around warily, hoping no one had noticed anything.