t h r e e

"Ah-ah-achoo!" Drew sneezed, rubbing his nose. Somehow he had caught a cold, and it was making him miserable. Guess that's what happens when you're forced to show a fuckin' alpha around the school so that you miss your bus and you dad can't pick you up cause his meeting ran late....

Drew walked home.

"Bless you," a voice purred in his ear.

Drew jumped a foot in the air. "Mother of Mary!"

Kai laughed, "Just me, Deedee."

"Don't call me Deedee." He closed his locker, then paused, "Actually, don't talk to me at all."

"Ouch, harsh Deedee. I kinda think you owe me one, seeming as you never actually did show me around the school, let alone the fact you put your knee right where the sun don't shine." Kai grinned good-naturedly. Drew scowled at him.

"Can't you go bug someone else?"

"Nope, so far you're the only person I know."

"Joy to the world," Drew muttered. "Hey, Aaron!"

Aaron looked up from where he was chatting to Blake. Drew jerked his head toward Kai, and mouthed, 'Talk to him.'

Aaron nodded goodbye to Blake and jogged over, "What's up?"

Drew shoved him over to Kai, "Congratulations, you've made a new friend. Yuck it up, and try not to let it spread."

"Eh?" Aaron asked confusedly.

Drew made a beeline for the door, so the blonde was left with the equally confused Kai. "Eh?" Kai echoed his thought.

Aaron shook his head, "Weird. Anyways, nice to meet you, I'm Aaron. Think we've met before."

"Yeah, I think so. Didn't you point me to the Office?"

"Yeah!"

"Thank for that. Anyways, what his deal?"

"Whose?"

"Short, dark, and pissed off."

"Drew? He's just had some rough times with alphas, so he's not the fondest of them. Give it some time; he'll warm up to you. Or not," he added under his breath.

"Not all alphas are bad, though," Kai defended.

"Well, you never know," Aaron said dismissively. He had a feeling this wasn't really something he should discuss. Blake sensed his distress and came to his rescue.

"Hey, I'm Blake," he said, shoving a hand out to shake.

Kai breathed in slightly before smiling, "Kai, a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise. How is the school so far?"

Kai glanced towards the door Drew had bolted for, "It's... interesting. Quite different from my old school. Alpha only school. Shape up or die, basically," he said, laughing. Noticing Blake's slightly wide eyes and Aaron's blatantly horrified expression, he quickly corrected himself, "It was a tough neighborhood, and a lot of not-so-nice people went there."

"Dude! Did you survive?" Aaron asked.

Blake face palmed.

Kai just laughed at his stupid question, "Yeah, I survived. Pretty sure I'm missing a few pieces, but I think I'm mostly intact."

Blake smacked Aaron upside the head, "Do you think he'd be here if he was dead?"

"Good point." Aaron grinned and ran a hand through his hair. It was a habit of his whenever he was stressed or embarrassed.

Kai glanced between the two, "So you two are dating right?"

Aaron said yes at the exact time Blake said no. They both looked at each other, surprised, but Aaron had hurt mixed into his expression as well. "No? What was yesterday then?"

"One date. Doesn't mean we're dating. Don't jump to conclusions," Blake muttered, playing with the zipper of his jacket.

"Don't jump to conclusions? Blake, you know I've been after you for six months! I'd say I'm barely walking."

Kai awkwardly backed away from the bickering couple, "I'm just gonna..." he turned to leave and collided with someone, sending the stack of books they were carrying flying everywhere. "Shoot! I'm so sorry!"

"Watch it, genius. Those books took forever to collect." Kai dropped to his knees and picked up a book. "Romeo and Juliet?"

"Hey! Give that!" The book was snatched out of his hand and Kai glanced up. The boy kneeling across from him was short, with pitch black hair that covered one of his warm brown eyes.

Kai held up his hands, "Woah, no need to get all angsty, I swear everyone at this school is wound up tighter than a coo-coo clock!"

The boy squinted at him before breaking into a smile. "You think so too?"

Kai sighed in relief. Finally someone without major emotional issues... so far. "This place is rougher than my old school, and we had people breaking chairs over each other's heads on a daily basis."

The boy grinned. "I'm Zachary, call me whatever." He picked up another book and stacked it on top of the first.

"Kai. Nice to meet someone half way normal." Kai quickly helped Zachary gather his books, noting that they were all romantic tragedies.

"You get used to it. Can I show you to your next class?"

"Sure, I'd appreciate the help. My guide didn't do much guiding."

"Really? Who was the welcome wagon?" Zachary shifted the books in his arms.

"Drew something."

Zachary visibly flinched. "Ouch. You got the one person who literally wishes all alphas would die. You've got some luck, pal."

"I noticed," Kai said dryly.

"What'd he do?"

"Nothing," Kai said quickly, his pride not allowing him to mention he got his ass handed to him by an omega three inches shorter than him.

Zachary raised an eyebrow, "'K then. Anyways, lemme see your schedule." He moved the books to one arm to take Kai's schedule, and a book slipped off the top.

"Whoop!" Kai reached out and caught the book before it hit the ground.

As Kai handed the book back, Zachary grinned, "Careful there, you'll make an omega swoon like that. Don't think you can catch the books and me at the same time, and these books are expensive, so I'm not sure which I'd prefer." He took the books from the shell-shocked and flushed Kai.

"Class?" Zachary walked down the hallway, his hips swaying a little more than necessary.

Kai shook his head violently. "Right!"

Drew leaned against the door, watching the interactions between the alpha and omega with a disgusted look. He bored a hole in Kai's back, and as he disappeared out of sight he rolled away from the door. "Typical alpha."