f o u r

Drew flung his bag down on his bed and leaped into bed face first, curling into the warmth. He sighed, letting all the stress of the day sink into the blue comforter. "Five minutes," he muttered sleepily. "Five minutes, then homework." He let his eyes close, and a heavy feeling sank over him.

His laptop trilled loudly, jarring him back awake. Shaking off the welcome feeling, he got up, nearly tipping over before staggering over to his desk. He sat down and opened his computer. The noise was a notification from his email. When was the last time I checked my email? Drew wondered but opened up his email anyways. His jaw dropped.

He had over two hundred emails, all from the same website.

New comment posted on: Bitter

New follower: KitKatAttack

New comment posted on: Bitter

Story favorite: Bitter

New follower: lacydragon098

New comment posted on: Bitter

New follower: Jamie97

Story favorite: Bitter

On and on the emails went, all telling him that he had followers or comments, or that someone had favorited his book.

Wow... he clicked on the link which brought him to his story.

Bitter

Even though he couldn't see, Parker always knew what was going on around him. In fact, some said he could see better than most. Now he has the opportunity to undergo a surgery to restore his sight. But when Lance, his first and only boyfriend breaks his heart into a million pieces, he doesn't want to see a world that could be so cruel. Years later, Parker can see, and who could possibly show up but none other than Lance. Can Parker learn to again see, not just with his eyes, but with his heart?

Drew cringed at the description he wrote when he was fifteen. Every time he told himself he would fix that, and every time he didn't. He glanced at his story stats and choked on air.

"Two million?" he gasped. Last time he checked, which was probably about a week ago, he was only on 1.93 million. 

He clicked on comments.

From: Icex2baby

I luv your story so much, I swear these characters make me cry soo much ugh! Whens the next update?

He smiled at the compliments and the typos.

From: JollyRancherSundae

He had a particular fondness in his heart for this person. She had been a faithful reader from chapter one, and never hesitated to give her opinion and feedback. She was one of the seven people he was following, versus his 21.4K followers.

dude this was great omfg bless. thanks for not forgetting we exist even tho school is climbin up ur butt..,, don't forget about ur promise tho ;)

Shoot. Drew forgot about that. When he first started the book a year and a half ago, he promised that if he hit two million reads, he'd post a selfie. Fuck. Damn the peer pressure.

Glancing quickly through the other comments, he saw basically the same thing, all poking him with a stick about his supposed picture he never thought he'd have to post. 

He hit his face on the desk. There was absolutely no way out, minus just flat out refusing, which would end up with him being hate-mail spammed which was always his favorite thing.

"Meh, what's the harm?" he said. Flipping to the front camera of his laptop, he smiled as best he could, completely forgetting he had just rolled out of bed. 

"Holy shit, no!" he said, agast. His face was cute enough and he had this cute little cheesy grin on his face that made him look like an Instagram star that deserved like 42.3% of his hormonal fanbase, but his hair was messed up beyond repair. He basically looked like he had just been fucked into his bed. Plus, the fact that you could see his messed up bed in the background was not helping his case.

"No, no, no, and hell no." He moused over delete. Click! "Whew."

Posted

"Wait, what?" He stared in horror at his page, his glorious selfie right at the top. "Shiznit."

He almost took it down but hesitated just a second, and that was all it took.

A comment has been posted on your update from: JollyRancherSundae

DAYUMMMMMMMMmmmMMM BOY SIGN ME THE FucK UP THatS SOME GOoD SHiT WHOO

Drew turned eight shades of red before hiding his face. Bad idea. Oh, such a bad idea.

A comment has been posted on your update from: Cooc0o4coco

woahhh you're so cute omfg why can't you go to my school! all the boys here look like deformed toads.

Drew stopped dead. School. What if someone from school saw the picture? His life would be over! Drew, the teenaged omega who wrote cheesy gay love stories and shameless smut. He'd be burned at the stake.

He reconsidered taking the picture down, but it was far too late. It had only been eight minutes, and it had thirteen comments (all telling him how cute he was 'n shit) and thirty-two likes. Time to pick out the coffin.

But maybe not. Blake and Aaron already knew about his book, though they hadn't read it at his request, and he didn't really care about anyone else's opinion....

He groaned and went to close the laptop.

A comment has been posted on your update from: Arrogance

Another of his favorite readers. This one joined a couple chapters in, but his flat out honesty and sense of humor was refreshing. JollyRancherSundae always tried to sugar coat her words a bit, but Arrogance told it like it was. "You need to work on this bit," "I like this part," and, of course, "Lol what the fuck is this."

holy shit.

Drew's brow creased. What did that mean? Really? Two words, that's all he got? He was almost offended. He hovered over the PM button, wanting to question Arrogance for his comment, but decided to leave it alone. He might not even be out of school yet, he lived in Illinois after all.

Drew shook his head and closed the laptop.

He was too tired for this today.