s e v e n t e e n

"-and that's why the horse is the most important character," Aaron finished, taking a deep breath as he finished his ten-minute long rant.

"But you forget the goat's importance in the battle scene between the elves and the vampires," Blake shot back. "Without him, the vampires definitely would have won, and Thomas would have been executed for treason."

"I believe both of you are mistaken," Josh said quietly. "The dragon was most vital. Did you not see when he destroyed the vampires' command station?"

"Baloney!" Aaron said vehemently as he took his math book out of his locker and shoved it haphazardly into his backpack. "The horse brought the message to the elf leader so they could prepare for-" he trailed off, his eyes widening as he stared past Blake's head.

"Aaron? You in there?" Blake asked, waving a hand in front of Aaron's face.

Aaron pointed and both boys turned to follow his finger. Blake's jaw dropped and Josh took a step back in disbelief.

Kai and Drew had walked into school together, Kai's arm slung around Drew's shoulder and Drew letting him. He said something to Drew, and the boy's eyes lit up as he laughed and pushed Kai's side lightly.

"Somebody pinch me," Aaron whispered. "Ow! Blake I didn't mean literally!"

"Did not Drew and Carl despise each other not a week ago?" Josh asked in a hushed tone, leaning over to whisper in Blake's ear.

"It's Kai, and yeah, they did. What the hell happened?" Blake muttered.

"Well, I'm not just going to stand here and speculate," Aaron said firmly. He picked up his backpack and marched right over to them. "Hey Drew, hey Kai," he greeted.

"Hey, Aaron. What's up?" Drew said, smiling

"Well, you know... just school and sports and- okay I gotta know, what happened?"

Josh and Blake facepalmed. So much for subtlety. Way to go, idiot.

"What do you mean, what happened?" Drew looked down at himself. "Do I look different?" he asked Kai.

"You look just as gorgeous as yesterday," Kai assured him, lightly pulling him closer.

Aaron was floored. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa. Are you guys... together?" he asked awkwardly.

"Last I checked," Kai joked. Drew grinned at him.

Blake shoved his way past Aaron. "Drew, may I have a word with you?" Not giving him a chance to reply, he extracted Drew from Kai's grasp and dragged him over to the lockers, just outside of the other boys' hearing. "Okay, what the hell happened? I saw you four, freaking, days ago, and you couldn't stand alphas! Now you're dating one? You're letting him touch you? Put his arm around you?" he leaned in closer so that their faces were mere centimeters away, "Is he forcing you? Do I need to call the police? Are you okay?" He began to pat down Drew's arms, a look of concern creasing his brows.

Drew lightly held Blake away at arm's length, "Blake, I'm fine. He's not forcing me to do anything. Kai wouldn't do that."

Blake gave him a disbelieving look. "Are you aware this is the same guy you drove a knee into, repeatedly?" Drew nodded. "What? How did this happen?"

Drew shrugged, "Mustard."

"Mustard? Drew, you're allergic to mustard! And why are you still with him? Oh my gosh, was it a fling? Is this a fling? Dear God." Blake fretted like a mama bird, checking Drew all over for injuries.

"Blake, Blake calm down. Breathe," he commanded. Blake took a deep breath and exhaled. "I swear, you're even more wound up than my mother. Now, as I was saying-" he stopped suddenly. "If you two don't stop listening in, you're going to regret it."

Aaron and Kai took several steps back very fast. Aaron turned to Kai, "Hey, need any books from your lockers?"

"Yeah, let's go do that."

Drew smirked and turned back to Blake, "Now, as I was saying, some stuff happened which I will tell you later because the bell is due to ring in three, two, one..." he glanced at his watch.

Right on cue, the bell rang loudly.

Drew waved goodbye to his anxious best friend before he was whisked away by the crowds of people going to class.

"So was it a fling?" Blake mumbled dully. "Has to be a fling."

***

To say Drew was screaming internally was an understatement. Mr. Jorge's history lectures were about as interesting as gouging his eyes out with a rusty spoon. Honestly, at this moment, he wasn't sure which he would prefer.

To make matters worse, Kai wasn't there to distract him. Something about a meeting with the Principal to see how he was adjusting to his new school. Urgh.

He groaned and leaned back in his chair. Mr. Jorge turned around. "Something the matter, Collins?" he asked, not an ounce of care in his voice.

"Cramps," he blurted out. Cramps? Really? Am I on my period now?

"Need to go to the nurse?" Translation: any excuse to get you out of my classroom. Please. Go.

Drew complained under his breath. He didn't want to be there, but he didn't want to actually move. Moving took effort.

Mr. Jorge gave a fake smile. "Feel better."

Riiiiiiiight. At this moment, if Mr. Jorge was hanging off the edge of a cliff and a spoon was three feet away from the edge, Drew would save the spoon.

Drew shoved his book into his backpack with more than a little attitude, sticking his tongue out when Mr. Jorge turned his back. He kicked the door open, ignoring the teacher's angry huff and shoved it closed with the back of his shoe. Yes, that was a sufficient amount of sass.

His books went flying as he tripped over something, crashing into the wall before sliding to the floor, groaning. "Shiiit," he hissed, dabbing his nose. "Fuck, I'm bleeding."

"Are you okay?" Drew glanced up, a concerned looking omega looking at him. He took the cloth offered to him and wiped the blood from his bleeding nose.

"Yeah, 's nothing. What were you doing?" he asked curiously. How had he not seen the person?

"I was tying my shoe," the omega said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Drew glanced down, and sure enough, the omega's sneaker was untied. "Okay then. I'll... leave you to that. Now I actually do have to go to the nurse. So much for ditching," he muttered under his breath.

"Alright, see ya, and sorry again," the omega said, bending down again to tie his shoe.

"There you are!" a voice Drew knew well screamed.

The omega straightened up, fear in his expression. "Oh, damn."

Before Drew knew what was happening, (he was sitting by the wall, after all. Not the best view point.) Blake had the omega by the neck and slammed him into the wall.

"Woah! Blake, what are you doing?" Drew said, jumping up and grabbing his arm. "Let him go, what are you thinking?"

Blake turned, fire in his eyes. "This little fucker kissed Aaron!"

Oh.