n i n e

If you'd told Drew three weeks earlier that he would willingly go back to school, he would have laughed in your face and told you to stop taking drugs. Now Drew was desperate for anything to do. He'd already read all his books, gotten ahead in his homework, and completed his project, which didn't take him nearly as long as he's hoped it would. Stupid teachers. Assigning too much when you have stuff to do and not enough when you don't.

Currently, Drew was face down in his bed, trying to resist screaming at the top of his lungs. What good was being released from the darned hospital if he was still confined to his house for an entire week? The injury wasn't even that bad!

The injury wasn't the problem, according to his doctor. The chemicals could have caused side effects, yada yada yada.... We get it, chemicals bad! What's next, fire? Fire bad.

Drew felt absolutely fine (lies, he'd already passed out when his head had started spinning all of a sudden-- if his dad hadn't caught him, he would have fallen down the stairs).

His phone chirped. Drew's head shot up, and he grabbed his phone. Finally! One of his friends getting out of school. Pull me out of my pit of boredom before I go on a murdering spree.

He frowned at his iPhone screen. It was just an unknown number.

From: 1-843-***-****

Hey, are you feeling better?

He texted back quickly.

To: 1-843-***-****

Sorry, you've got the wrong number.

The reply came almost instantly, surprising him with its speed. Even Blake always took a minute or so.

From: 1-843-***-****

Are you sure of that, Drew?

Drew stared suspiciously at his phone. Okay, had he given his number to anyone recently? He'd been pretty out of it when he was on the pain meds, so he could have hit on a pretty nurse or something, but he highly doubted it.

To: 1-843-***-****

Sorry, who is this?

From: 1-843-***-****

A friend.

To: 1-843***-***

Sure. I'm pretty sure I have all my friends' numbers. Who is this? I want a name.

From: 1-843-***-****

Oh, spicy. I love it, babe. Why don't you guess?

Drew flushed. What a creep!

To: 1-843-***-****

Okay, you're creepy. I'm blocking you now.

From: 1-843-***-****

Fine, I'll give you a hint. You follow me on your writing account, and I go to your school.

To: 1-843-***-****

I don't follow anyone at my school. You're a bad liar.

From: 1-843-***-****

Wrong, babe ;) Wanna play hangman? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Your guess.

To: 1-843-***-****

You're such a freak. E.

What the hell. At least Drew wasn't bored anymore.

From: 1-843-***-****

Nice one, cutie. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e.

To: 1-843-***-****

I?

From: 1-843-***-****

Ooh, wrong. That's a head.

To: 1-843-***-****

U? And stop with the weird names. I don't even know your name, and it's creepy.

From: 1-843-***-****

But it's so much fun imagining you blushing at my words. Wrong again, doll. That's a body.

To: 1-843-***-****

I'm not blushing. A?

From: 1-843-***-****

Correct! A_ _ _ _ a_ _ _ e. I know you don't blush. That's why I'm imagining it.

To: 1-843-***-****

O? What are you, anyways?

From: 1-843-***-****

Oh, jumping straight to the chase? I love it. I'm a beta, don't worry. Correct again. Maybe we should have played a harder game ;) A_ _ o _ a_ _ e.

To: 1-843-***-****

What kind of stupid name do you even have? L?

From: 1-843-***-****

Ouch. That hurts. Wrong. That's a leg.

To: 1-843-***-****

Why am I even encouraging you? You're really weird. T?

From: 1-843-***-****

Aren't you a harsh one? Wrong~ that's the other leg. Three more wrong guesses, doll.

To: 1-843-***-****

I'm guessing we're not going into detail then.G?

From: 1-843-***-***

Hah! Nope, sorry. And correct! Aren't you smart?

A_ _oga_ _e. Know me now?

To: 1-843-***-****

Your parents must hate you. I can't think of any name with those letters, much less anyone at my school if you even go there.

From: 1-843-***-****

Are you trying to guess my name? Oops, wrong, doll. You're guessing my username. Save my real name for a... rainy day.

To: 1-843-***-****

Are you serious? How am I even supposed to guess that? There's a million different symbol and letter combines!

Combinations*

From: 1-843-***-****

Really? I've literally told you you're following me. Go through your following list. .-.

Drew rolled his eyes. Oh of course. He rubbed his temples. Why hadn't he thought of that? He exited out of his texting app, and opened up his writing account. Following...

JollyRancherSundae, obviously not.

Collin Evans, swoon, but not who he was looking for.

XxGlassHeartxX, ugh, take a moment to fangirl over her books, and move on, Drew.

Arrogance, haha, of course not. Wait.

Arrogance.

To: 1-843-***-****

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME. RIGHT. NOW.

From: 1-843-***-****

Suprise!