t w e n t y s i x

Drew wasn't at school for the next week. Everyday Blake went to his house and brought him his homework, then left. An omega's heat was an incredibly personal time to be shared only with a mate.

"Kai. Kai, are you listening to me?"

Kai snapped out of his daze. "Sorry, what?"

Zachary rolled his eyes, "Are you still thinking about Drew? Honestly, he's coming back day after tomorrow, stop acting like a lost puppy." He took a bite of his sandwich. "It's not attractive."

Kai growled slightly, "Of course I'm still thinking about him! My baby's suffering through his heat alone!" He chewed on his lip. "I should be there."

"Then go, good grief." Zachary shook his head. "Honestly, you're like a mother hen."

"I can't! You're the one that said that," Kai said, pointing at Zachary.

"Actually, I asked if you thought he was ready. You're the one who decided he wasn't."

Kai sighed. Zachary had a point. He and Drew had only been together for a few months. They weren't nearly ready. But oh, when he saw him all blushing and needy....

"Ew, please control your boner, ya nasty," Zachary said, slurping his milk noisily.

Kai looked down and groaned. "Fuck."

"Wouldn't you just like to," Zachary quipped, setting his trash down on the tray and standing up. "I'm done. See you later."

"Bye," Kai said, staring off into space again. Back to his fantasies of what he wanted to do to Drew.

***

Blake moaned as his back hit the wall of the empty bathroom. Aaron was instantly all over him, messily kissing up and down his neck, hands running under his shirt and over his stomach.

"Fuck, you're so hot," Aaron muttered against his skin as he dragged his tongue over Blake's pulse point.

Blake just gripped his hair and pulled him up, connecting their lips again. Aaron pushed his talented tongue past Blake's lips and mapped out his mouth.

Blake moaned like a porn star, eagerly responding to the kiss as he sucked on Aaron's tongue, earning him a groan from the blonde haired boy.

As Aaron resumed his attack on Blake's neck, nibbling on his sweet spot, Blake lolled his head to the side, running his hands lazily through Aaron's soft blond waves. "You know," he said absentmindedly.

"Hmm?" Aaron said, only half listening.

"I was thinking," Blake continued.

"Dangerous words," Aaron said darkly, running a hand up and down Blake's leg.

"About when I finished school." Blake sounded a little nervous, his voice a little higher pitched. Or it could be Aaron's hand sliding over his inner thigh.

"Really now?"

"When I do finish, I think I'm going to go to South Carolina for college," Blake said, all in a rush.

Aaron froze. "What?"

"You know, my grandparents are there, and I haven't seen them in forever, and I've already submitted an application...." Blake rambled.

Aaron backed away from Blake slowly, a shadow falling over his face. "When?"

"When what?"

"When did you submit an application?"

"Um, about two weeks ago, why?"

Blake saw an emotion flicker across Aaron's face he'd never seen before- at least not directed at him: anger. "So after you gave me this?" He held up his hand, the stones in the ring catching the dull bathroom lighting

"Yeah, so? What does the ring have to do with anything?" Blake wrinkled his brow.

Aaron scoffed, "Apparently nothing. I don't know about you, Blake, but if I gave someone a promise ring, I wouldn't suddenly move half-way across the damn country!"

"Excuse me? What are you even talking about? Again, how does the ring relate?"

"You ruined it!" Aaron dragged a hand down his face. "You were supposed to move in with me after school was done!"

"What the fuck? When did we decide this? Or did the big bad alpha decide the little beta didn't get a choice?" Blake's voice was getting louder as he got angrier.

"Don't twist my words! When you gave me that ring, weren't you promising yourself to me?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to get the best damn education possible! How am I going to get a job if I don't attend a good college?"

"Why do you even need to go? I can support us! That's my job as an alpha." As far as Aaron was concerned, Blake was insulting his abilities as an alpha to provide for his family by implying he would need to take a job as well.

"Back the fuck up, Aaron. I'm not a silly little housewife who's content to stay home and take care of babies while my big, strong alpha husband takes care of me. I don't need to be taken care of, so don't even think about interfering with my education. I'm going, and you can't stop me!" Blake was yelling now, and it was amazing nobody had walked in to see what the matter was.

"So what? You're just going to leave? Leave Drew? Leave me? What the hell is going to happen to us?"

"You know, I was going to have you visit over the summers and holidays, but now I don't think I want you to!"

Aaron was quiet for a few minutes before quietly saying, "How dare you? You think it's perfectly acceptable to just run off to a different state because you want to? What's wrong with the colleges here, huh? You just expect me to wait here? Because news flash: I'm not that patient!"

Blake sneered at him, "Fine then. You won't have to be." He yanked the ring off his finger and dropped it at Aaron's feet, the cold clanking of the metal against the floor much more ominous than it should have been. "Now you're free. Have a nice life."

He shoved past Aaron, trying not to let him see the tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

And Aaron didn't stop him.

***

teehee