Chapter 18 Mantis struggles with, "The Feels" and getting his new weapons

Scyther POV

I can't say it was all bad in the end of the day, but hell this is one of those days that I really want to chance to help. Right now is the day where my team being RWBY are going on their first mission as I stay here for many reasons that I can assure that these reasons are reasonable to both causes. Anyways, when we were back at the dorm we had another group talk before they leave.

Yang: "So! now that you get your first weapon of today let's run things by today."

Weiss: "I think Scyther should be the one to lay things down for us."

Scyther: "Well I need all of you to pick a mission that involves with Mountain Glenn."

Blake: "Okay, but explain what's there?"

Scyther: "If you all heard the story about Mountain Glenn then I should explain that in that area before the grimm ending of how it became to be one of saddest things in history of Remnant. That in a last-ditch effort to stave off destruction, the citizens of Mountain Glenn took refuge in the tunnels they had initially cleared for their subways, converting them into an underground settlement and cutting themselves off from the surface entirely. Unfortunately, this supposed safe haven was eventually compromised when an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern filled with subterranean Grimm. This left the town completely exposed and the remaining citizens beyond saving. With no other recourse, Vale sealed off the tunnels permanently, creating the world's largest tomb. The ruins of Mountain Glenn now stand as a reminder for history to reflect upon."

Weiss: "That's right, truly they did there last bit of energy to survive. But-" She said as she then realize something.

Blake: "Blake what- *idea came*"

Yang: "Um? you guys are you two okay?" She said as she looked Weiss and Blake with concern.

Weiss: "*looks back at Scyther* Scyther do you mean-"

Blake: "Your one cleaver Mantis!"

Ruby and Yang looked at me with confusion as I still have a gas mouth mask on as I smirked under it.

Scyther: "Yang, Ruby... there's a underground base of operations under Mountain Glenn!" I exclaimed to the two sisters.

Yang/Ruby(shocked): "WHAT!!??"

Blake: "It makes sense! an area where it's infested with Grimm, nobody is there, and more importantly it be the last place where anyone would think of a base to build!"

Weiss: "Scyther, you maybe be our winning trump card."

Scyther: "So, back to the matter in hand once in the Mountain Glenn be sure to be on guard as there will be Grimm and White Fang. Also do be sneaky of this because you maybe dealing with Roman, Cinder, or even worst case of all Adam." I said to the four girls with concern.

Ruby: "At least we can try and be mart about this mess."

The atmosphere change into a dense and serious air I can't help, but feel that it was my fault causing that mess. It was then that Yang come to the mix of things.

Yang: "I'm sure everything will be alright, everyone. Oh, I know what will cheer you all up! Yang then gets a cylindrical package.

Ruby: "What's that?"

Yang: "I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together!"

Ruby: "Ooooh! Something from home!" Ruby zooms over to Yang and wraps herself around Yang, trying to take the cylinder from her.

Scyther(mind): "I will not understand these physics of this world." I said in my mind with a deadpan tone.

The package opens, and another cylinder, hairy and black, falls out onto the floor and starts to shake. The object suddenly transforms into a corgi.... we all stared at it as it barked two times....