Chapter 32 I don't need Psychic powers to be strong!

Scyther POV

Night came and my team picked me to enter the Single arounds and I was lined up by the people we talked about Graz and Sun representative of Vacuo, Coby and Penny representatives of Atlas, Braz and Mercury representatives of Mistral as Mercury probably has a fake one, and Pyrrha with I together representative of Vale. As are we in a the line Oobleck and port are speaking over on the intercoms.

Port(intercoms): "Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The one-on-one finals!"

As I stand tall I looked around me to see the people of the Colosseum cheering and roaring our names. It felt kinda weird for me, but from the things that been happening so far it's truly a new sight for me.

Port(intercoms): "Barty, why don't you explain the rules?"

Oobleck(intercom): ": Ah, it's quite simple, Peter. Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match takes place!"

Port(intercoms): "Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!"

Oobleck(intercom): "Ah, yes, yes! Now, let's see who our first match will be!"

The energetic doctor points out to the screens above the stadium as the roulette starts spinning, this time for competitors instead of biome arenas. As the spin becomes slower and slower it showed the name and picture of "Mercury Black and Scyther Goowitch" on the front screen.

Scyther(mind): "I can take a guess that he won't fall for my same tricks again, but again as the ultimate psychic I have many tricks in hand."

Port(intercoms): "Scyther Goodwitch and Mercury Black!!"

I looked back to my team seats and see that my team, JNPR, and even SSSN are cheering on for me and giving me courage to win.

Port(intercoms): "Would all other combatants please leave the stage!"

The rest of the lineup does so as I start walking up to Mercury in the middle as the floor around them opens once more, with a ring of spotlights rising up to automatically fix their lights on the remaining two being us on the arena.

Scyther: "So we meet once more onto the battlefield?"

Mercury: "It would seems so and I hope you don't think your tricks work this time. I got it planned out and it's going to work against you."

Scyther: "Surprise me then? show me what your plan is."

Mercury: "You wish, just be ready." He says as he laughs darkly towards me.

The two of us faced the crowds one last time, Mercury slowly starts advancing on me as I moved back to get a better range between us. The count down comes down as I waited for the bell to be ring.

Port(intercoms): "Three! two! one! fight!"

The battle begins! as Mercury was going for a charge kick, but I removed my mask and breath out huge amount of smoke.

Oobleck(intercoms): "Here's the move that Scyther used against team FNKI on their team members Flynt and Neon. A smoke screen that covers the whole area"

Once I covered the whole area to block Mercury sight I started to use my Psychic powers around the arena creating walls. Mini walls that can cover the height of the two of us as to make things more intense. As the fog of smoke becomes less dense as now the smoke was lower to the ground floor. Mercury looks around the area and sees the new environment.

Mercury: "Damn it! where are you!?"

I started to move around behind each wall and speaking to him.