Chapter 19 A close call

Scyther POV 

It been while since I helped my mother out with the paper works and once it was finished it was about 4 PM and once that was over I teleported out. I teleported to the training range and started to shoot some targets to increase my accuracy and precision. I started to shoot I felt that I was getting better with each mag wasted and thank god that this training range supplies us students with ammo. As I kept on shooting someone called out my name

Coco: "Hey! little mantis! is that you?" 

Velvet: "Coco! that's a bit rude don't you think?"

Coco: "Oh come on! he isn't the cold person before." 

I turned around and see the team leader of CVFY and faunus ally and friend Velvet. 

Scyther: "Greetings you two, what brings you here to the training range?" 

Coco: "Oh the same old, same old just going to shoot some targets to keep up my training of my last year of being a student and me and Vel here become certified Huntresses along with our two pals! right Vel?"

Velvet(embarrassed): "Coco! stop! it's nothing that special!" 

Scyther: "I may say it is, for you as a faunus could show that even with all the shame that your race were given you prove them wrong. Even you as a faunus can be a Huntress and that can be a strength to those who have dreams of being heroes." 

I placed my gun back to it's holder and once I turned around and look to Velvet. 

Scyther: "Never doubt yourself just let it make you stronger. Learn something from it" 

Velvet looked shocked as she covers her face in a blushing manner as with Coco whose happy to hear this. 

Coco: "Wow! I never knew you as a man of a leader? makes me wonder, what do you think about once you graduate?" 

At that point I was a stance were I can't find words where I can really praise myself because in the end these words are mine alone. 

Scyther: "Do you want to be blunt? or be truthful." 

Coco: "Well give me the full package." 

Scyther: "*sighs* I'm no hero. never was, never will be because that of the fact it's not about changing the world. Loving it? hating it? why does it always has to be that I have to pick one? I make my own choice. Someone like you or yourselves should know that you mustn't allow yourself to be chained by fate. Be it humans or faunus can choose the kid of life that they want to live by. That important thing is that you choose your life... and to live." I said as I looked at my hands as I clenched them. 

For a moment I can hear Snake words coming into my head like some kind of bullet or maybe some kind curse that's place upon myself. No matter how far we go be it either side there will be no heroes for us monster... only that of the shadows of the world. 

Suddenly my mind came back as I see Velvet and Coco hugging me pretty much shocking me before I could speak they said. 

Velvet(sad): "Why do you hate yourself Scyther? is it because what you've done? or is it that you wish for others be happy and not for yourself? you can't be sad and just be hated to the world. It make me think that your making yourself more hated then the faunus." 

Coco(sad): "Whatever happen that day be it when you awoken your powers or not you got to let things go! you can't just keep on saying that, "let the whole world hate me" crap. You got friends little dude... do you want a talk about it?" 

These young women are so caring towards a monster like myself even right now I can't forgive myself. For what've I done how can I? I was a monster and I will be always be that monster in the darkness as I'm both sides. In the light I'm Scyther in the darkness I'm Psycho Mantis? how can I forgive myself of how many people I killed? or even destroy their own lives with just a single wave of my hands.