000.

✩。:*•.─────THE EXAM─────.•*:。✩

THE MORNING OF FEBRUARY 26TH rolled around a bit too quickly for Mika's liking but nevertheless, she was ready. It was currently 5:00 am and for the past hour, Daichi had been up with his daughter, prepping her for her big day. 

Mika was finishing her fourth lap of their block when Daichi stood in front of her with his palm cards, ready to test her ability to recall her studied knowledge under the confines of fatigue.

"Mika, when confronted by an aggressive or unstable villain, what would be the best plan of action?" Daichi read aloud to his panting daughter who was bent forward trying to catch her breath.

Sucking in a gulp of much-needed air, she answered, "I would ensure to make it my priority to remove any bystanders or civilians safely from the scene, possibly asking assistance from the police with that task. It would be only then once they are removed I would engage in combat with the sole purpose of subduing the unstable villain to stop any damage from property."

"Good answer! Three more laps and then we can have breakfast!" Daichi enthused as Mika went on her way.

Pumping her arms to build speed, Mika feel back into her rhythm with her eyes narrowed in determination. There's no room for mistakes today, she internally declared as she rounded the corner of her street, I can't help out others either, no matter how bad I want to. 

I can't be a hero without UA.

The thought alone was enough to make her pump her arms and legs faster in an attempt to run away from her insecure thinking. She growled, grounding her sneakers harder into the asphalt road, blocking out the sounds of the road crumbling under her intense pressure

Fuck, since when did I start thinking like that?

The cold metallic sting of the winter morning began to itch at the bottom of her lungs. Steam exhaled from her nostrils and her eyes watered whilst her fingers curled tighter into her palm. Rounding the corner for the sixth time, Mika began her final lap as she sped past her father waiting at the imaginary finish line.

"Yah! Stop it! You're making potholes with your heavy-ass feet! The neighbours are gonna fucking kill me!" Daichi yelled shaking his fist at the brunette who was too caught up in her inner-monologue 

I'm not just gonna get into UA, I'm gonna be the best.

✩。:*•.──────────.•*:。✩

Moving his gaze from the road to Mika in the passenger seat, Daichi sighed noticing that Mika had brought her inner-monologuing from her laps to the car. 

"Oi, kiddo," He patted her shoulder jovially as Mika snapped her gaze up to him, "You ready for this thing?"

"I have to be, I can't let you down," Mika muttered gravely. Daichi sweat-dropped at her response. Jeez, why so serious?  he thought. 

Laughing nervously, he patted her shoulder once again, "Kid, you need to lighten up! I'm always gonna be proud of you no matter what you do."

Daichi saw that Mika's face remained unmoving, so he decided to up the ante of his supportive dad™  duty.

"Heck, you could walk into that exam today, fall flat on your face and fail and I would still be proud of you! But I know you aren't gonna do that because you're amazing, kid! I know you're gonna walk into that exam and you're gonna kick ass!"