013.

✩。:*•──'RAGING DADDY ISSUES'──•*:。✩

"EVERYONE HAS THEIR COSTUMES, RIGHT?" The tired as ever teacher reminded with a stern tone, "Remember, you don't have permission to wear them out in public yet and don't lose them or anything..."

"GOTCHA!" Mina exclaimed in excitement.

"Speak properly, it's 'yes sir', Ashido," Aizawa reprimanded her carefree behaviour.

"Yes sir."

"Make sure you mind your manners with the other heroes in the internships, now get to it," The pro hero dismissed the class watching them as one by one they boarded their respective trains.

"YES SIR!"

With that, Mika faced Todoroki clutching her costume briefcase and sporting an overly excited grin. Their little lunch rendezvous yesterday had gone well. For Todoroki it was a totally new experience; talking about things he enjoyed no matter how menial, like which out of all the colours was his favourite or a country he would love to travel to or what was his favourite song at the moment. They were things he never had the chance to think about; things that, although little and a tad random, defined him as a person.

He guessed he only had his father to blame for that. Because of his father's stringent ambitions, Todoroki didn't find many chances outside of his vigorous hero training to do anything social and as a result, he often didn't understand whatever people his age were talking about half the time. Many people just assumed that he was cold and aloof most of the time so he just took that assumption and ran with it; he had no time to dwell on changing how other's perceived him. But something about the way Mika waited all so patiently and unbothered yesterday trying to coax him out of his shell struck a chord in him.

Between slurps of cold soba, she would give him her undivided attention; her pretty blue eyes trained so intently on him, hanging on to his every word. It startled him at first but after a while he soon found himself rambling with no end in sight. Todoroki finally understood why everyone seemed to gravitate towards Mika. Regardless of her foul language, questionable quirk or her tendency to say whatever was on her mind, Mika Yoshioka had a powerful magnetism that drew people in whether they were aware of it or not.

He noticed that it was so easy to be yourself around her — so easy that he almost revealed the reality of his family situation nearly three times over their lunch date. Each time he choked on his soba to stop the words from tumbling out of his mouth.

He could only imagine what lengths she would go to if she found out the truth.

"Ready to go?" Mika beamed, dragging his from the depths of inner monologuing.

Todoroki stared at her as a ghost of a smile crept up his face, "Yeah, let's go.

The brunette let out an excited squeal, quickly turning to wave wildly at Jiro, Momo and Mina who were just about to depart from the station. Whilst Mika was caught up in her enthusiasm, Todoroki glanced over her shoulder to see Iida talking privately to Midoriya and Uraraka, though it seemed he was adamant on keeping his distance from the two.

I've seen that look before, he thought himself.

But Iida is a lot smarter than the rest of us, he won't do something that stupid...would he?