012.

✩。:*•───'PRO-PAIN!'───•*:。✩

MIKA DECIDED THAT AFTER THREE DAYS OF hiding in her dad's hospital room that enough was enough. She was ready to face the world again, though reluctantly so. She hadn't gone back to school after the UA Sports Festival mainly for the fact that she couldn't stand to be in the same room as Bakugo let alone sit next to him in class. No, she wasn't a coward and no, she wasn't scared of him; in fact, it was quite the opposite. Simply put, Mika just didn't have the emotional energy to deal with the asshole known as Katsuki Bakugo.

Her broken arm was back to normal thanks to her quirk and a couple of doctor's who helped her snap back into place. Now, she was using it to hold herself steady on the bullet train during her morning trip to UA High. Mika lazily scrolled through the news purposefully passing the articles with Bakugo's ferocious sneer as the thumbnail.

Suddenly, a warm hand cupped her shoulder dragging her attention away from her phone screen to the face of a withering old man flashing her a square smile due to his dentures.

"You don't say! You're that girl that came third in the Sports Festival! I may be old but I'd recognise that face anywhere!" The elderly man chuckled with another pat on her shoulder. The brunette could feel her face heat up in embarrassment as more commuters shuffled closer to get a good look at her, some of them even snapping pictures like she was some exotic bird in a zoo enclosure.

"Wow! You are so strong! You don't normally see girl's having a quirk like that!"

"Don't your parents worry about you becoming a female hero? It's dangerous work!"

"So will you be doing mainly rescue work when you get licensed? I heard that's most girls do after they've graduated from UA."

"They sure didn't have female heroes as pretty as you back in my day!" The old man from earlier remarked, pulling himself closer to the brunette. Mika cringed at their backhanded compliments and pulled herself away from the group to make a quick exit since her stop was rapidly approaching.

"Yeah, she was beaten by that Bakugo kid, understandably so."

"He's got this finesse about him...I can see he's gonna be one of those 'lone wolf' kind of heroes but that makes him even cooler!"

"His fight with Endeavour's son was unreal! He's already got what it takes to make into the big leagues!"

Yeah, if being a grade-A asshole was the only thing in the criteria of being a pro-hero then yeah, he's perfect for the job.

The comments had her blood boiling. Was this just a glimpse of what was to come of her career as a future pro? Why didn't they take her seriously? So what if she wanted to be a fighter? Maybe she would like to be a rescue hero too, who knows? But why should her gender influence either decision?

Mika was sick-to-fucking-death of this double standard. Time and time again, male heroes have proven that they can be reckless, disrespectful, irresponsible, immature heck even abusive yet the world would still kiss the very ground they walk around on.

With one final awkward grimace, Mika hopped off the train ignoring the disappointed shouts of the commuters and the wolf-whistling of that creepy old man.

"I really hate men sometimes," The brunette sighed to herself pulling out her red ladybug umbrella. Was it the same one she had owned since she was six years old? Yes.

It's cute as hell, I don't give a fuck! Mika remembered yelling back in retort of her Dad making fun of her childish taste in umbrellas a couple of weeks ago.