006.

✩。:*•'SCOUTING THE COMPETITION'•*:。✩

AS SOON AS SHE STEPPED OUTSIDE OF THE gates of U.A High Mika was engulfed by two strong arms and smothered into her father's chest. The girl winced as her nose squished awkwardly, the smell of smoke and burnt wood invading her senses.

"Oh my god, kid! Are you okay! I was worried sick!" The fire chief wept and squeezed his daughter even tighter. Mika smiled sheepishly over Daichi's shoulder at some of her classmates who beamed at the sight of such a large brute of man blubbering like a baby in public. The girl sweat-dropped and patted her father's back tentatively.

"I'm okay Dad, really," She wheezed.

"Are you sure? I saw that big ass bird thing on the news! I can't believe you kids were trapped with that thing in there!" Daichi rambled, waving his arms around erratically. Mika let out a nervous laugh and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well, I kinda fought against that thing, well more like it punched me in the face...twice," Uttering the last part, Mika squeezed her eyes shut as Daichi was likely to scold her ass for being so reckless.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

She hated being right sometimes.

"What the fuck were you thinking, kid! Look, I know your quirk kinda justifies it, but you're not invincible or immortal," A heavy sigh exhaled from his mouth as he crossed his arms over his chest, "You could die if you don't think before you throw yourself into danger!"

"I had to help them, Dad! The situation called for it!" Mika tried to reason but Daichi was stubborn.

"No! You're not a hero yet, you're still a student!" Daichi's assertive tone seemed final as if there was nothing else to discuss but Mika was his daughter after all, so there was no way she was gonna back down without a fight.

"I couldn't just stand there Dad! That thing was gonna kill my teacher!" The girl screamed back and stomped her foot in exasperation. The brunette gritted her teeth. Why couldn't he see it from her point of view? She was at this school to become a hero, after all, so what kind of hero stands to the side when someone is in danger?

Daichi sighed once again and dragged his thick fingers across his face tiredly. Catching a glimpse of the frustrated tears brimming in his daughter's eyes the man stepped forwards and slipped her school bag off her shoulders and slung it over his own.

"C'mon kid, let's go get a card for that teacher of yours." Daichi smiled as he brought Mika into a side hug, basking in the bright afternoon sun that reflected off the glass windows of U.A High.

✩。:*•──────•*:。✩

Mika smiled as she browsed through the endless choices of cheesy hallmark cards. Out of the corner of her eye, a simple blue card caught her eye. It had the message 'Get Well Soon' with a cute picture of a black cat with the 'cone of shame' around its neck. Daichi shot a look at her to which she shrugged, arguing that Mr Aizawa gave her 'old cat lady kinda vibes' so he probably would like it.

Handing her the money, Daichi opted to wait in the car while Mika chose some chocolates for her homeroom teacher. She decided to go with the mixed assortment, just to play it safe. Laying the card gently on top of the box of chocolate and made her way to the counter but not before she caught a glimpse of the all-too-familiar blonde spiky hair of Bakugo, who was staring intently at the rows of hot sauces and spices. Sneaking up behind the boy, Mika lightly tapped his shoulder until he turned around with a slightly peeved expression.