009.

✩。:*•───'CAVALRY BATTLE'───•*:。✩

"GET BACK HERE KINKY BITCH!"

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. shIT. SHIT!

Mika pumped her legs harder at the sounds of Bakugo's explosions coming closer with each passing second.

"Sorry Mika, but I'm winning this!"

Not you too, Knockoff Zuko.

She couldn't even enjoy first place for two minutes before those two came along and tried to steal it from her. Trying to ignore the pounding footsteps behind her, Mika zeroed her eyes in on the upcoming obstacle, noticing the wobbly pillars surrounded by large crevices meant to trap its unlucky victims if they were to fall.

More jumping!? Can I catch a motherfucking break? Mika muttered, I can't keep using my new move anymore today for little things like this!

The brunette weighed up her options. If she were to activate her quirk again to make the landing and keep her lead, it would be unlikely that she wouldn't be able to activate it again for the rest of the day after engaging it so many times in such a short timeframe. However, if she were to slow down and take her time there was no doubt that not only Todoroki and Bakugo would pass her but probably other contestants. The only thing she could do was take a leap of faith. A huge one at that.

She only had a couple metres left to get a run-up. Bolstering her speed, Mika felt the ground cave in beneath her feet as a burning tension strained through her muscles. Mika held her breath as she pushed off the edge of the large crevice, her loosely swinging legs helping her stay upright in the air.

"LOOKIE HERE! YOSHIOKA HAS MADE A LITERAL LEAP OF FAITH AND DECIDED TO JUMP THE FALL! WILL SHE MAKE IT ACROSS? OR WILL SHE FALL SHORT? LET'S SEE!"

As the other side of the gap came closer and closer Mika could tell she hadn't timed her jump as well as she could and it became all the more obvious when her ribs slammed into the side of the gap with her legs dangling over the edge. She was lucky that her quirk had started to equalise or that definitely would have resulted in a couple broken ribs.

"SHE MADE IT! BARELY, BUT SHE MADE IT!"

With a huff, the brunette dug her elbows in and dragged her body over the edge jumping back to her feet before she sped away once again. That was until another pair of footsteps came from behind.

"Found you."

Mika snarled at Todoroki's monotone voice. She didn't dare look back not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing her desperation. It didn't matter anyway since Todoroki sidled right up next to her, keeping the same rigorous pace as her.

"SHOTO TODOROKI AND MIKA YOSHIOKA ARE BATTLING IT OUT FOR FIRST PLACE! TWO POWERFUL STUDENTS FROM CLASS A, WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP?"

The two sprinted neck and neck, each of them refusing to slow down even for a second. Todoroki soon grew frustrated with her resistance and sent his elbow to her ribs. Mika didn't know if she should be more offended that he had forgotten her quirk or if he thought that a mere jab to the ribs was going to distract her.

"You little fuck!" Mika growled as she swiped her back foot under Todoroki's who tumbled to the ground. He groaned in pain as he slid across the dirt for a few metres, rocks digging uncomfortably into his palms that he used to stabilise himself. Scoffing in anger, the boy jumped to his feet to chase down Mika once again only to realise she was standing in front of him, peering curiously at the obstacle in front of her.

"AND NOW WE'RE FINALLY APPROACHING THE LAST OBSTACLE! EVERYONE HAD BETTER TREAD CAREFULLY! YOU'RE SKIPPING ONTO A MINEFIELD!"

"A minefield, huh?" Mika smirked playfully before casting a sinister glare back at Todoroki, "Try not to piss your pants, pretty boy."