011.

✩。:*•───'BAKUGO VS. MIKA'───•*:。✩

WARNINGS: DESCRIPTION OF PANIC ATTACKS AND SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY, MENTIONS OF BROKEN BONES & BLOOD.

"SMASH!"

Jeez, if Midoriya keeps this up he's not gonna have any bones in his body left to break, let alone his fingers, Mika mused.

The green-haired boy had easily smashed his way through yet another ice garage delivered by Todoroki, this time nearly sending the dual-toned haired boy out of bounds. Watching the two fight was becoming tiresome for Mika. As much as she wanted Midoriya to win it was obvious he wasn't planning to do so; rather he was provoking Todoroki to use his left side for reason unknown to her. Besides, she had other things to think about. Her fight with Tokoyami coming up in two rounds and she had not the slightest clue of how the fuck was she meant to beat that bird demon he had attached to his chest. It was pretty much invincible!

"SO COME AT ME WITH ALL YOU GOT!"

Nevertheless, Mika couldn't draw her eyes away. Todoroki was relentless in his attacks but so were Midoriya's defences. Each time the boy came closer with his ice attacks Midoriya would simply raise one of his already broken fingers and send him flying. It was almost becoming horrifying to watch Midoriya put himself through so much pain. Mika covered her eyes when she saw the boy stick his thumb in his mouth to launch an attack, his broken wail echoing off the walls of the stadium.

Izuku must have said something to completely distract Todoroki so much that he was rendered frozen in place, giving Izuku the perfect opening to land a hit on him. Todoroki tumbled backwards until caught himself on his hands and knees, staring intensely at Midoriya. They continued to shout at each other passionately, both trying to provoke the other. For a few moments, everything was silent in the stadium as Todoroki stared at Midoriya with a gobsmacked expression, like he had literally taken the oxygen from his lungs.

That's when she felt it. That searing heat of uncontrolled flames kissing the skin of her cheeks. A ragged gasp tore through her lips as panic gripped her chest tightly making it hard for her to breathe. It was too close for comfort. As much as she tried to fight them off, the vision of blue flames danced across her memory, playing in sequences like a horror movie. The apartment building on fire. The elderly woman. Her father running back into the burning building. The catastrophic explosion of blue. Her father's charred body lying limp in his hospital bed.

Mika's vision became blurrier as she struggled to choke back another wheeze. She could faintly hear Momo ask her something but her words were too muddled through her panic. All she could hear was her rapid breathing. Her small terrified whimper caught the attention of some of her classmates, but Momo and Jiro had ushered her out of her seat and to the girl's bathrooms before anyone could ask questions.

Bakugo let his vermillion eyes follow Mika's retreating figure before she vanished behind the wall, her choked sobs echoing in his ears. His eyes flickered back to the great inferno, finally connecting the dots. The asshole part of him knew that this was advantageous; with her father's accident only happening two days prior, the trauma of the event was still fresh which was made evident by her reaction to Todoroki's firepower. If Mika were to beat Tokoyami and he were to beat Kirishima, they would be up against each other to make it to the grand finale.

The sight of Todoroki's flames was enough to send her spiralling into a panic attack, so how would she cope against the ferocity of his explosions? But then again, it wasn't in Mika's nature to be swayed by intimidation so easily, even if it did terrify her. The way she fought with such vigour during the USJ incident was just a reminder to him that she would be willing to fight to the death. Thus, he was afraid he might do something he would regret but if that's what it meant to win then he would gladly accept the consequences of his future actions.