20

Chapter 20 [unedited]

I sped over, my hands flying to her face as tears raced down mine. "This, this can't... This isn't real." The room stilled, even with enhanced hearing there wasn't the sound of a single breath or twitch as my eyes raked over my daughter's face.

"It's me," She shoved herself into me. "I promise, mama, it's me." I crushed her into my chest and threw my head into her neck, a pressure raking its way through my throat, and forcing more tears out of my eyes.

After what felt like years, I pulled back from her while still keeping her within inches of me. My eyes looked up and down her form once again, and I wiped the tears from her eyes a smile making it's way onto both of our faces. "Via!" My pained laugh filled the silence. "I love you, so much. I'm s-"

"It's okay." She cut me off. "I love you too." She smiled, then looked behind me before her eyes sparkled with excitement. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Is this them?"

I turned to look behind me, still standing next to her, and laughed. "Yes Via, this is them."

"Can I meet them?" I laughed, really laughed. Turning towards the Original family I saw that most of them had tears in their eyes, and Rebekah looked ready to sob. 

"Of course, this," I pulled Ezra closer to me. "Is Ezra, the one that-"

"I remember. You said he was the one that helped you back onto your feet." She smiled after cutting me off. Rushing to give him a hug I heard her whisper to him. "Thank you, for being there for my mother all these years."

When she pulled away the two smiled at each other, before Ezra made his way to me, looping my arm through his. I leant my head on his shoulder and couldn't wipe the smile on my face no matter how hard I tried. "Of course, dear. Your mother is family to me, and now, so are you." Violetta grinned, her energy the same as I remembered all those years ago, and she turned glancing at me, then looking towards the original family.

"Would you like me to introduce you to the rest of them? Or would you like to do it yourself, Via?" Violetta stood for a moment, thinking, before deciding to take things into her own hands.

"You, are Rebekah. Correct?" Rebekah nodded, still in shock. "I'm Violetta, my mom told me loads about you, well about all of you really."

"She told you about me?" Violetta nodded, pulling Rebekah in for a hug. The two smiled at each other before Rebekah looked at me, about to say something before I shook my head. I mouthed the word "later" to her, before joining Violetta by the originals.

"Kol, sweetheart. It's a pleasure to meet you." Kol held his hand out for Violetta to shake, in which they both did very politely.

Violetta chuckled a bit to herself. "The flirty one isn't very flirty."

I smiled. "Yes well, he's aware that if he was anything but a gentleman I'd have his head." Kol yanked me away from Ezra and wrapped his arm around me.

"Yes, darling I'm well aware." He smiled, laughing when I pinched his side.

Elijah stepped forward next. "Elijah Mikaelson."

Violetta ignored his hand and instead hugged his tightly. "Thank you, for everything you've done." He nodded, giving a slightly forced smile, and stepped back so that Finn could introduce himself to the both of us.

"Finn Mikaelson, It's a pleasure to meet the both of you." Both me and Violetta shook his hand before Violetta made her way to Nik, giving him a slight glare.

The room grew slightly tense as Nik stood in slight shock. "Niklau-" she cut him off.

"I know who you are." She walked closer, getting in his face slightly as Nik didn't back away. "You are the one that hurt my mother anytime you felt her company wasn't sufficient." His eyes widened and he stumbled back just enough so that everyone in the room saw it.